• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next Seasons Budget

Billy Bests boot laces

President⭐⭐
Steve Tilson said on the radio yesterday that we probably had the smallest budget in the championship which obviously cost us severely. Now lets assume our average attendence next season incuding away fans is 7,000, (and if we're not in the top 10 by christmas then this figure will drop) which supposing 2,000 are adults and 1,000 children then our gate revenue will be down by over 1 million pounds. Add on lost revenue like programmes, burgers, drinks, at £5 per person which totals £345,000 and t.v.money from live games which i understand was worth £100k per match and we end up around £2 million down on this season.
How much is Tilson going to have to entice at least 3-4 quality players to the club?. Any predictions?.

sell freddy for the 2m... covered
ask ron for a couple of grand to sign one or two... and then maybe one or two on bosmans

goodness me, if I had posted this, I would have 10 more reputation comments,all calling me this that and the other, btw the offer still stands anyone want to discuss things to my face, come and find me on sunday at saints, oyu pretty much know who i am

goodness me, if I had posted this, I would have 10 more reputation comments,all calling me this that and the other, btw the offer still stands anyone want to discuss things to my face, come and find me on sunday at saints, oyu pretty much know who i am

You wouldnt have posted it .

This thread was just making the point that next season we will have lower attendances and asking what the transfer budget may be.

Your other post was basically slagging off Ron Martin which everyone thought was unfounded.

This is a forum for discussion, if you post controversial comments people have the right to reply.....

the guy with the spotty red face yeah?? :finger:

no problems with any abuse, but put on the forum not on the repuation
otherwise the big wide world cant see it

Steve Tilson said on the radio yesterday that we probably had the smallest budget in the championship which obviously cost us severely. Now lets assume our average attendence next season incuding away fans is 7,000, (and if we're not in the top 10 by christmas then this figure will drop) which supposing 2,000 are adults and 1,000 children then our gate revenue will be down by over 1 million pounds. Add on lost revenue like programmes, burgers, drinks, at £5 per person which totals £345,000 and t.v.money from live games which i understand was worth £100k per match and we end up around £2 million down on this season.
How much is Tilson going to have to entice at least 3-4 quality players to the club?. Any predictions?.

roughly...£0.01 pence.

"How much is Tilson going to have to entice at least 3-4 quality players to the club?. Any predictions?."

A hell of a lot less than what he did this season.

Our wage budget shouldn't be too bad by League One standards as it'll be based on 60% of this season's turnover. If we get a decent amount for Eastwood/Paynter/JCR/Hammell/Clarke/anyone else who might leave then we should have a bit of cash free, you'd have hoped.

I'd have thought that all the money we've made from being in the Championship this season would give us a better budget than we had at the start of this season?

Worth bearing in mind that we could have 2 million to spend but still wouldnt be able to attract the players we would hope for.

Look at the trouble we had getting players to come to us when we were a championship side....

Next year's budget must be based on this season's turnover so we'd be better off.

Or doesn't it work that way?

Next year's budget must be based on this season's turnover so we'd be better off.

Or doesn't it work that way?

I don't think its that straight forward.

The main financial consideration when signing players is wages, but when you sign players you tend to sign them for more than one season. You need to therefore budget on something that will still be affordable the following season, when your wage cap will be based on your first season back in division 3.

I'm not exactly sure how football contracts are normally structured. Generally most people would expect their wages to go up rather than down, so I think its unlikely that we would top-load contracts and pay more in the first than the second or third year. If we did that, players would just want to move after a season, in order to maximise their earnings in what is a short career.

Our wage budget shouldn't be too bad by League One standards as it'll be based on 60% of this season's turnover. If we get a decent amount for Eastwood/Paynter/JCR/Hammell/Clarke/anyone else who might leave then we should have a bit of cash free, you'd have hoped.

So the league can monitor it I believe it will be based on 60% of audited Turnover, which will be last years numbers as this seasons will not be published until may/June 2008 (11 months after financial year end is the limit to get the accounts to companies house).

We would have been better off than this season although as I believe the cap does not apply to the Championship we were not constrained

So the league can monitor it I believe it will be based on 60% of audited Turnover, which will be last years numbers as this seasons will not be published until may/June 2008 (11 months after financial year end is the limit to get the accounts to companies house).

We would have been better off than this season although as I believe the cap does not apply to the Championship we were not constrained

We might not have been constrained by the Football League, but we certainly should have been looking to keep to that figure as a matter of good fiscal practice. Unless everyone wants us to do a Leeds.

Indeed, my mate and I normally spend £3-6 between us at the very most so doubt the average spent is any more than about £2.

Back