• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
We will need to restructure.

We will lose Bentley . We won't sign sokalik or Egan as they will undoubtedly go to league 1 sides.

We need pace and we definitely need a pacey goalscorer.

Bye Fred and bye Barney.

We will lose Bentley . We won't sign sokalik or Egan as they will undoubtedly go to league 1 sides.

Bye Fred and bye Barney.

Fred, Clifford, Bennett, Smith, Laird and Phillips to go first

Bye Fred and bye Barney.

The current team will be decimated with the above plus Lenny who will go on to bigger things then add any out of contract players.

Phil will have too rebuild and will the club give him the luxury of time?

The current team will be decimated with the above plus Lenny who will go on to bigger things then add any out of contract players.

Phil will have too rebuild and will the club give him the luxury of time?

Disagree, I doubt we'll sell anyone and really push for top three next season.

Bentley if he has sound advice, should stay with us for one more season rather than warm a bench and play the odd league cup game
Still young and needs playing experience not watching from a sideline, allways thought Fred would have been a better player if he had stayed one more season

Alas the ££££££ allways wins nowadays

Bentley if he has sound advice, should stay with us for one more season rather than warm a bench and play the odd league cup game
Still young and needs playing experience not watching from a sideline, allways thought Fred would have been a better player if he had stayed one more season

Alas the ££££££ allways wins nowadays
Bentley would easily get into a league 1/low championship side, so he'd just be loaned out there. And if it's true Leeds want him I can't see him turning them down, he'd stand a good chance of playing there.

Disagree, I doubt we'll sell anyone and really push for top three next season.

Clubs such as us will always sell their players when possible,Lenny's 3 year deal means nothing but security for this club as any suitors will have to pay a larger fee to sign him and add his wonder goal today I think 500k will see him go.Bentley is odds on to depart because he surely will not commit to another deal here which leaves Ron taking what he can get or Dan walks for free next year.

Leonard will stay. He's just signed a three year deal so we have no obligation to sell plus he seems to enjoy being down here
Bentley will probs go

Barnard released by saints earlier today, probs see him come in and Fred go (most likely retire)

still a a chance to get Egan, time will tell

Clubs such as us will always sell their players when possible,Lenny's 3 year deal means nothing but security for this club as any suitors will have to pay a larger fee to sign him and add his wonder goal today I think 500k will see him go.Bentley is odds on to depart because he surely will not commit to another deal here which leaves Ron taking what he can get or Dan walks for free next year.

DB has another two years I thought?

Bentley would easily get into a league 1/low championship side, so he'd just be loaned out there. And if it's true Leeds want him I can't see him turning them down, he'd stand a good chance of playing there.

Thing we have in our favour with Bentley is that he's local, got family down here and he supports the club. Not too sure he'd jump at the opportunity to play for Leeds right now...

Maybe I'm just being optimistic.

Clifford I think has another year.

Bentley and Leonard will cost someone money as both are under contract. I think we will cut P Smith, Phillips, Laird and Freddy. Assume Morgan is on a year and he can go for sure. maybe pick up one of the loanee defenders full time.

We need I think two central defenders, two strikers and a decent attacking left winger.

Clifford I think has another year.

Bentley and Leonard will cost someone money as both are under contract. I think we will cut P Smith, Phillips, Laird and Freddy. Assume Morgan is on a year and he can go for sure. maybe pick up one of the loanee defenders full time.

We need I think two central defenders, two strikers and a decent attacking left winger.

Have I missed something? Who is Morgan?

I'm not sure about Smith going, he's a great no 2 and a great help to the other youngsters coming through. Wouldn't be surprised if he was given another year, especially if Bentley does go.

Lenny is the one for me, we have to hold onto him.

I'd still give Fred a pay as you play contract, he still has a touch of class about him, and who knows what a fully fit Barney might be like after a proper pre-season? I don't want to write either of them off just yet, I'm not that cold hearted.

I'm not sure about Smith going, he's a great no 2 and a great help to the other youngsters coming through. Wouldn't be surprised if he was given another year, especially if Bentley does go.

Lenny is the one for me, we have to hold onto him.

I bet he is one if the top earners. this is my argument that the top earners have actually delivered very little this season.

I bet he is one if the top earners. this is my argument that the top earners have actually delivered very little this season.

Don't know on that Dave, maybe, but if his contract is up (which I think it is) then a new one as a no 2 would be very different.

Smith will go. Laird and Phillips will go.

Reckon Bentley will stay until Winter at least. Egan and Sokolik will go elsewhere.

Would let Freddy and Barnard go myself.

We'll be fine as long as the fans get behind the team.

Bentley has a contract until 2016 and is a local lad. Can't see him leaving for anything less than a million quid given his potential. Leonard has had one season under phil and has been transformed from a backup utility player into a driving box to box midfielder and won player of the year, can't see him leaving for a league one club and not sure he'd be on a championships club radar just yet. Hope I'm not proved wrong but I think we may lose Bentley (if the money is right) but would hope Ryan stays put! Agree with a heavy heart about Freddy and with Clifford on decent wages I'd also think about moving him on given the lack of impact he's had this season.

Back