• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next Southend United manager odds!

One thing that Adam Virgo pointed out with Smith is he likes experienced players which our squad appears to be full of...

100% there is a slim chance that money has gone on due to inside information and to be fair I think it has in the past. Larsson was favourite but he turned us down and Currie was favourite and he all but had the job before a late change of mind towards Molesley. So even with inside information it's not a sure thing.
Remember when Harry Redknap backed himself for the Pompey job....he was spot on with that one!

Depressingly for SUFC this is a far more regular reminder than it should be, but remember £10-£20 is enough money to move any manager's price in these markets.

They are meaningless until it suspends.

All the key players from his former club will be out of contract at the end of the season plus he has a particular knowledge of southern based players in this league and those playing in the South division.
Would be interested to hear what style of football Neil Smith plays? Seems very popular with the Bromley supporters. Was he working with a very low budget in comparison to what their current manager (Woodman) has been afforded?

Is Paul Jewell listed because funnily enough I have just been playing squash at Clements Hall and guess who joined me in the showers, yes, you’ve guessed it, Paul Jewell and Billy Davies. I really didn’t know where to look so I picked up my Imperial Leather shower gel and made a quick exit.

i know absolutely nothing about Neil Smith, could someone with far more knowledge enlighten me as to why he would amongst the favourites for the job please.

i know absolutely nothing about Neil Smith, could someone with far more knowledge enlighten me as to why he would amongst the favourites for the job please.
I guess he’s well respected by managers, players and the media involved in non-league football. Has the ability to get players to play for him, very much an arm around the shoulder person. His knowledge of this league is probably second to none, contributing many hours of his day at the ground, involvement with the clubs youngsters and the supporters.

I think Mark Bentley and Kevin Maher will definitely be on Stan's list. Benno fits the bill of the one who Stan was quite excited about.....early 40s, a Southend connection which Stan also seems to like.

I'm sure they'll be a mixture of non league managers and some under 23 boss' from southern based premier League/ championship clubs on his hit list

Benno certainly seemed interested in the job on Glenn Pennyfather's phone in programme on BBC Essex earlier.

Back