• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next Southend United manager odds!

I'm very much in the Mark Stimson camp. Vastly experienced and most of that at non-league level with a local bias. Also has a promotion and two FA Trophies to his name.
I'm slightly put off by Stimson's spell at Gillingham (plenty of Gills supporters moaning about a long ball style of play) and his subsequent spell at Barnet where he only lasted 7 month.
I appreciate he has enjoyed several very successful spells at many other local non league clubs though.

I know Neil quite well.
He's got personality and has been a no-nonsense coach albeit one with passion and a sense of reality.
We could do worse, and no, I'm not his agent, lol!
He is the ideal choice, but he'd be a fool to take it in my opinion. You just know RM will throw him under the bus if results are not good...even though the problems are out of his control.
I’m not Neil Smith’s agent either, but I know that my lad rates him up there with the Cowley’s. Clearly, he knows this league and more importantly, the players and managers that play in it. I’m convinced he would be able to attract far better players than Brown did both in the short term (now) and more importantly going forward, with a view to next season.

1-1 draw at Wembley against Hungary , I think Southgate could become available soon

I’m not Neil Smith’s agent either, but I know that my lad rates him up there with the Cowley’s. Clearly, he knows this league and more importantly, the players and managers that play in it. I’m convinced he would be able to attract far better players than Brown did both in the short term (now) and more importantly going forward, with a view to next season.
He can bring M. Cheek with him, then I am happy!

Clearly they are going through the ex players who are currently coaching,I gather they must a separate list for the more likely candidates

Neil Smith now 2/1 favourite
Betting on managerial appointments at our level is risky IMO. The odds just seem to be influenced by investment from punters more than any actual news on the recruitment side so it’s not like anyone being the favourite means much. Now I’ve said that, watch him get the job ?

Betting on managerial appointments at our level is risky IMO. The odds just seem to be influenced by investment from punters more than any actual news on the recruitment side so it’s not like anyone being the favourite means much. Now I’ve said that, watch him get the job ?
100% there is a slim chance that money has gone on due to inside information and to be fair I think it has in the past. Larsson was favourite but he turned us down and Currie was favourite and he all but had the job before a late change of mind towards Molesley. So even with inside information it's not a sure thing.

100% there is a slim chance that money has gone on due to inside information and to be fair I think it has in the past. Larsson was favourite but he turned us down and Currie was favourite and he all but had the job before a late change of mind towards Molesley. So even with inside information it's not a sure thing.
By the sounds of it though they're not done with the interview stage yet so it is probably just punters lumping on.

Current odds!

2114.jpg
View

Neil Smith

Previous Team: Bromley
Departed: 25.03.21
2635.jpg
View

Darren Currie

Previous Team: Barnet
Departed: 12.08.20
2507.jpg