• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Next Supporters Liaison Meeting

Lord Football

Blues on Tour
Our next scheduled meeting with SUFC is on Tuesday 1st September.

I suspect by then we will have some indication on season tickets, ticketing arrangements, Covid 19 regulations and the like and these will no doubt to lead to further questions.

We will of course seek updates on the refunds on last year's season tickets and the away games at Rovrum and Ipswich.

This meeting will see the Custardsplat and Proud Shrimpers being represented as well a new rep from the Exiles.

If you want anything non-onion related to be raised, please drop a quick message in this thread.

Question....I have two season tickets for last season. Would it be possible to use the refund amount as a retainer on these seats until it is safe to return to Roots Hall? Hopefully sometime this season .
Then I would purchase two more season tickets.
:Thank You:

Unless i get a refund (Or that same amount put to my new Home Shirt) from my Rotherham away ticket. I will not be renewing my Season Ticket after probably 40 Years.
I dont want to give any money to a organising which takes my money which was for Rotherham.
Harsh words but that is Theft.! This has changed my attitude to the team i have supported many many years.

Unless i get a refund (Or that same amount put to my new Home Shirt) from my Rotherham away ticket. I will not be renewing my Season Ticket after probably 40 Years.
I dont want to give any money to a organising which takes my money which was for Rotherham.
Harsh words but that is Theft.! This has changed my attitude to the team i have supported many many years.
Ditto that regarding my Ipswich tickets. Happy for them to keep the season card deficit, but keeping the away tickets is different entirely, and I know of at least 2 others seasos as well as me that will take slapheadsteve's view. Again all 3 seasos are 20 to 50 years loyal holders.

Meeting has been put back 48 hours.

No need to read anything into this, just a lack of availability due to last minute priorities.
If appropriate, can you get an update on the jungle-themed soft drink please and when it might be lifted so we can register (not just sign) players?

um bongo.jpeg

Can you ask if it is planned to allow fans to buy tickets for individual matches when restrictions are lifted a little, I have no issue with ST holders having first refusal but it would be nice to know if there is any chance of me being able to attend a game this season. The same for away matches, will they get offered to ST first?

Only chasing as thought with everything going on, one of the only links into the club potentially would have some useful updates.

When will the minutes be released, Kerry?
Only chasing as thought with everything going on, one of the only links into the club potentially would have some useful updates.

No, you are right. I represent you so you should see what we said, even if things have moved on. So with a HEAVY HEALTH WARNING, the minutes are below. Please remember we held this meeting before any announcements on Season Tickets, Return Dates were made, before any further Covid restrictions were introduced. Before issues with shirts became apparent and before our day in court!

Southend United Liaison Group Meeting

Welcome to Edan from the Custardsplat and Jim from the Exiles

A bit disappointed that we were limited to two options for the refunds on last season’s tickets. There was significant disappointment and anger from some fans. This was listened to by the club, on the back of representations from supporter groups and individuals.

Steps are being taken to ensure supporter’s safety under the Covid protocols. The EFL have to approve any match day arrangements (including behind closed doors). The situation is every changing but action is being take to ascertain what can be opened, what cannot be opened, what social distances measures are required amongst other things. There is a lot of collaborative work being undertaken simply to calculate the capacity. It is possible that a limited amount of fans may be allowed in for the EFL Trophy game vs Portsmouth with the potential that fans may be allowed to be in for Exeter.

The concourse space at Roots Hall provide significant challenges, and it has not been decided whether these will be open as it may limit capacity in the ground. That means, potentially no bar sales, no food but toilets will need to be opened with social distance measures in place. Other options are being explored, but probably wouldn’t be ready for October.

Players are being regularly tested.

Season tickets are incredibly complex due to social distancing and decisions are still being made. This is further complicated by the requirement to send ifollow codes out ahead of the Harrogate game and this is a manual process. Season tickets will go on sale Tuesday and the North Bank will be available for home fans, but this means there will be no away fans for the time being. Tickets will be only be sold in the Ticket Office or over the phone, as the seating arrangements wont be compatible with the ticketing system.

There is no hard and fast rules over away fans, the matter will be down to the home club. There is some guidance around away fans, and the difficulties everyone faces getting fans back into ground. We also have to be mindful that local lockdowns will have an effect. SGSA website has lots of helpful information. The situation remains very volatile and rules.

Police are planning the season as it was a normal season, but everything depends on guidance, test events and the like. Continue to work with the club, local authority and local businesses to ensure safety. There will be a significant difference to the match day experience, especially around pubs and other local businesses where fans congregate.

Seven Barnsley fans have been in court over the incidents back in March 2019 at Roots Hall.

Club shop is due to open fairly soon, Monday 14th is the likely date. This has no bearings on the dispatching of shirts, which will be done from the Hummell Distribution Centre.

The shirts have gone down very well, with pretty much positive comments all around.

The Winding Up order is due 16th September.

The new manager seems to have a really good outlook and has been looking at improving equipment and is making efforts to know his players and the people within the club. He has a different outlook than previous managers.

A meeting will be arranged very soon after fans are allowed back, specifically to discuss if there any issues. Further meeting in the middle November.

Th
No, you are right. I represent you so you should see what we said, even if things have moved on. So with a HEAVY HEALTH WARNING, the minutes are below. Please remember we held this meeting before any announcements on Season Tickets, Return Dates were made, before any further Covid restrictions were introduced. Before issues with shirts became apparent and before our day in court!

A bit disappointed that we were limited to two options for the refunds on last season’s tickets. There was significant disappointment and anger from some fans. This was listened to by the club, on the back of representations from supporter groups and individuals.

Steps are being taken to ensure supporter’s safety under the Covid protocols. The EFL have to approve any match day arrangements (including behind closed doors). The situation is every changing but action is being take to ascertain what can be opened, what cannot be opened, what social distances measures are required amongst other things. There is a lot of collaborative work being undertaken simply to calculate the capacity. It is possible that a limited amount of fans may be allowed in for the EFL Trophy game vs Portsmouth with the potential that fans may be allowed to be in for Exeter.

The concourse space at Roots Hall provide significant challenges, and it has not been decided whether these will be open as it may limit capacity in the ground. That means, potentially no bar sales, no food but toilets will need to be opened with social distance measures in place. Other options are being explored, but probably wouldn’t be ready for October.

Season tickets are incredibly complex due to social distancing and decisions are still being made. This is further complicated by the requirement to send ifollow codes out ahead of the Harrogate game and this is a manual process. Season tickets will go on sale Tuesday and the North Bank will be available for home fans, but this means there will be no away fans for the time being. Tickets will be only be sold in the Ticket Office or over the phone, as the seating arrangements wont be compatible with the ticketing system.

There is no hard and fast rules over away fans, the matter will be down to the home club. There is some guidance around away fans, and the difficulties everyone faces getting fans back into ground. We also have to be mindful that local lockdowns will have an effect. SGSA website has lots of helpful information. The situation remains very volatile and rules.

Police are planning the season as it was a normal season, but everything depends on guidance, test events and the like. Continue to work with the club, local authority and local businesses to ensure safety. There will be a significant difference to the match day experience, especially around pubs and other local businesses where fans congregate.

Seven Barnsley fans have been in court over the incidents back in March 2019 at Roots Hall.

Club shop is due to open fairly soon, Monday 14th is the likely date. This has no bearings on the dispatching of shirts, which will be done from the Hummell Distribution Centre.

The shirts have gone down very well, with pretty much positive comments all around.

The new manager seems to have a really good outlook and has been looking at improving equipment and is making efforts to know his players and the people within the club. He has a different outlook than previous managers.

A meeting will be arranged very soon after fans are allowed back, specifically to discuss if there any issues. Further meeting in the middle November.

Thanks for the above.
Does ‘improving equipment’ mean signing better players !

Thanks - as you rightly say, things have moved on significantly since. Not all for the better mind...

Back