• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
How many points from the next three? And any news on Cox/Ranger?

I'm predicting draw Wombles, Win Charlton, Lose Posh but the 4 from 9 will keep us in the mix. 5 or more and I'll start thinking about booking a tentative play off flight

5 points for me. I think Wimbledon will give us a tough examination. Charlton are beatable, and we should be second favourites at Peterborough but reckon we are tough enough at the back now to hang on to a draw there. I understand Ranger injury is worse than Cox so should expect a longer layoff for the latter. Given we have never lost when he has started and we are terrible at Christmas - perhaps we should expect 1 or 2 points!>!?!

I reckon (hope) we'll beat Wimbledon (never liked them,so fingers crossed on that one), Draw against Charlton and lose to P'boro

Tough on us to lose Ranger and Cox, especially with Coker already out, hopefully not as bad as some are speculating? Transfer window opens soon so critical next few weeks (again)

Swindon is before Peterborough, btw.

I think those two home games have 'banana skin' written all over them.

I'd take two wins and a draw from the 3 games, if we include Swindon.

That said, 5 points would not be the end of the world, if it came to it.

I thought our next 3 games were (H) Wimbledon, (H) Charlton and (A) SWINDON?

I'd be happy with 5 points from these 3 games. However, I think we'll get 6.

6 pts from 3 games wouldn't be too bad. Hopefully Z. Hines will sign in time for the next 3 games.

Swindon is before Peterborough, btw.

I think those two home games have 'banana skin' written all over them.

I'd take two wins and a draw from the 3 games, if we include Swindon.

That said, 5 points would not be the end of the world, if it came to it.

Plus Peterborough away could still be postponed yet.

Plus Peterborough away could still be postponed yet.

yeah, that is a v.good point - and they should beat Notts County in the FA Cup replay on Tuesday meaning we get a week off - respite, recovery and so on... plus it would be a big bonus to have a fully fit Ranger and Cox when we finally go to London Road...

So, I shall be supporting P'boro on Tuesday night it would appear :smile:

I'm predicting 3 points . No Rangers and Cox, I fear the wheels will come off .

I am often accused of being a pessimist, But I too can see us slipping into a bad run soon.
The concerning thing about the Cox Ranger injuries is the possibility of a formatio change to account for the lack of quality up top
Peronally I would rather see Fortune and Mcglashan up top than change the formatkon behind them. What we are really going to miss the Rangers ability to win the ariel balls which brings in the midfielders. If the likes of Atkinson , Mcglaughlin and Wordsworth lose confindence in the strikers winning the ball they will sit back stightly as the expecting the header to come back , this will diminish our attacking threat for more than any drop in goalscoring ability of the two rellacement forwards.
Depending on the prognosis I would say an early January loan signing may prove vital

Charlton's a biggie, big crowd and some renewing of acquaintances. Woody, for definite, is going to be fired up for this one. Of them all, I would say the Boxing Day game is the hardest to call, the Dons are doing well at the moment and I don't think (though, no doubt someone will correct me) that we have the best of records against them. Swindon and Peterborough are both winnable.

Charlton's a biggie, big crowd and some renewing of acquaintances. Woody, for definite, is going to be fired up for this one. Of them all, I would say the Boxing Day game is the hardest to call, the Dons are doing well at the moment and I don't think (though, no doubt someone will correct me) that we have the best of records against them. Swindon and Peterborough are both winnable.

Played 10 times, won 5, drawn 1, lost 4.

Interestingly, the last time we beat them was also on Boxing day (2013).. so hope fully that's a good omen.

The last time we beat them at home in a league fixture was April 2012.

For me again, over a 3 game period I would prefer 5 points to 6. The reason being , 5 points keeps you unbeaten and the mentality that way.

Every game that comes out way now is a big one. We are on a run, keep this run going over the next 5 games and you can truly dare to dream.

The boys are enjoying themselves , the appear to be playing as a team, a massive differentiator ... keep it up !

UTB's

Last league fixture against Wimbledon was way back in 1984, we have played them 10 times in the league; W:6 D:1 L:3. In the cup we have W3 and L3. Although we have lost the last 3 encounters with them, last actually being a 1-4 loss at home in the League cup in 2002 (I remember that game :thumbdown:)

I reckon we'll take em though... The Crazy Gang they are not!!

Last league fixture against Wimbledon was way back in 1984, we have played them 10 times in the league; W:6 D:1 L:3. In the cup we have W3 and L3. Although we have lost the last 3 encounters with them, last actually being a 1-4 loss at home in the League cup in 2002 (I remember that game :thumbdown:)

I reckon we'll take em though... The Crazy Gang they are not!!

We played AFC Wimbledon in 2012/13 both in the JPT and League 2, and in 2013/14 in League 2?

Indeed.

They won 1-0 at our place early that season (13/14).

Followed by Barry Corr's ghost goal in the 0-0 draw at their gaff.

I think Floval has mistakenly counted the old ( non existent) Wimbledon. As AFC Wimbledon didn't exist back in 1984, they weren't formed until May 2002.

We played AFC Wimbledon in 2012/13 both in the JPT and League 2, and in 2013/14 in League 2?

Apologies, yeah, you are right... I just plagiarised 11v11, which is clearly not up to date :-( (only counted Wimbledon as was)

EDIT: OG Dons and AFC in separate tabs... http://www.11v11.com/teams/southend-united/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/AFC Wimbledon/

We have played them a few time hence, although I didn't realise that Wimbledon have been back in the FL for so long?

http://stats.football.co.uk/head_to_head/afc_wimbledon/vs/southend_united/index.shtml

Back