• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next Three League Games - January 2022

How many points will we get in January, 2022

• Total voters
These are the next 3 league games:-

Home - Kings Lynn (22nd place) - Fri Jan 21st

Away - Aldershot (17th place) - Tues Jan 25th

Away - Dover Athletic (23rd place) - Sat 29th Jan

There is a poll to ask how many points will Southend United get during January - we already have 6 from the wins against Weymouth & Yeovil.

So far this season, we have played 21 games & obtained 22 points - that's just over 1 per game. That also means that we are about half way through the standard league programme of 44 games - crikes!

Here's hoping it is, to coin a phrase, a season of two halves .................

Last edited:
Playing as we are, these are 3 games we should expect to win. Dont get complacent and continue with the same ethos that has been installed.
If we do win these 3 games will the play offs be a possibility?

Damn, i misread the post, & thought it said how many points from our next 3 games. That's why i voted 7. Hopefully get all 9, but can't be greedy!.

These are the next 3 league games:-

Home - Kings Lynn (22nd place) - Fri Jan 21st

Away - Aldershot (17th place) - Tues Jan 25th

Away - Dover Athletic (23rd place) - Sat 29th Jan

There is a poll to ask how many points will Southend United get during January - we already have 6 from the wins against Weymouth & Yeovil.

So far this season, we have played 21 games & obtained 22 points - that's just over 1 per game. That also means that we are half way through the standard league programme of 42 games - crikes!

Here's hoping it is, to coin a phrase, a season of two halves .................
There's 23 teams in the National League, which means there are 44 matches to be played, not 42.

Play like last night and KL, Aldersh!te & Dover wont be able to cope - 9 more points should be the target.
Of course it's the target. I think the question is how many will we get, not how many we should be aiming for.

As it happens I think it will be 7. I would love us to win all the matches but I have a feeling we might come unstuck against Aldershot.

A home win, an away draw and an away win...and we may even sneak two extra points for a 2nd away win. That would be nice for the remaining matches in January. 13 points or even a hopeful 15 points for the month. COYB's!

We need to push the next 3 league clubs as far as we pushed Yeovil last night.

No mercy, I want to see another 9 points on top of this and then I'll truly believe we're on the turn. 3 wins to finish Jan will see us out of immediate trouble and we can be looking further up the table for once.

My only worry is the finances. If Ron keeps paying the wages & bills on time I no longer have any worries about another relegation and believe we will comfortably end up mid-table this season. We've finally got the right management structure with lots of people who care about the club now running things. The whole vibe around the club is finally changing for the better, thank the lord. Three years of abject misery has been tough, and I can only pay tribute again to you boys and girls who've dragged yourselves all over the country (when allowed) to witness it first hand. You lot deserve it more than anyone.

I think we'll beat Aldershot (their home record is poor) but will be in for a frustrating night against King's Lynn and will drop points, they seem to be improving under Widdrington and their results mask some decent performances against top sides.

I think we'll beat Aldershot (their home record is poor) but will be in for a frustrating night against King's Lynn and will drop points, they seem to be improving under Widdrington and their results mask some decent performances against top sides.
Yeah but you thought we’d struggle last night so roughly translated it’ll be a walk in the park ?

Reactions: Jai
Looking at the fixtures I would be a bit nervous about Aldershot but relatively confident of picking up wins in the others barring serious injuries.

Should be aiming for 9 points...... kings lynn are poor and look gone, aldershot have had bit of turn around under MM but same time there not exactly setting the world alight, dover have been doomed from day 1 and is banker win for every team in this league. I would take 7 points but 9 should be our target.

Back