• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next Three League Games - January 2022

How many points will we get in January, 2022

• Total voters
We generally struggle in the 'guaranteed win' games. Could be anything between 4 and 7 points over the next 3 games. Can't see us beating Aldershot, they're in decent form and MM has got a point to prove..

Maidenhead play tonight. They have a game in hand compared with us, they are 3 points behind us but their goal difference is substantially worse than ours.

A month ago, I never thought I would be saying it could depend on the fitness of the crocked.
Murphy and Atkinson showed what they're about in the last three league matches, and there is also a goal threat from Dennis, even if Daggers shackled him last Saturday.
The return of Lopata and Neal is equally important, so could imagine wins against KL, Dover, and a grudging point wrestled out of MM's mitts.

A month ago, I never thought I would be saying it could depend on the fitness of the crocked.
Murphy and Atkinson showed what they're about in the last three league matches, and there is also a goal threat from Dennis, even if Daggers shackled him last Saturday.
The return of Lopata and Neal is equally important, so could imagine wins against KL, Dover, and a grudging point wrestled out of MM's mitts.

If we don't, we may as well pack up and go home.

Like most I would now almost be expecting to pick up three points against KL and Dover, but unlike most I also think we will beat Aldershot. They have lost their main striker in the good run they went on, Corie Andrews, who had scored 9 for them and went out to a poor performance on Saturday at home to Bromley.

With our performances showing an improvement, I think we should be aiming to beat the sides around us and for me that includes picking a win up at Aldershot and I believe we will be capable of doing just that when we play them. So it's fingers crossed for nine points from those games.

So, there it is - 9 points from 3 games in January to date.

Two more games to come.

Each game won by a single goal margin - so if I am being picky I would like to see more goals alongside the 3 points. Perhaps that is a sign of the progress being made?

There’s a great renewed optimism in the club both on and off the pitch and if we keep grafting I think it will be a very interesting run in at the end of the season.

One thing that did please me last night though was the number of youngsters attending.

If. If we win next two. When was the last time we won 4 or 5 league games on the bounce?

So that is 10 points from 4 games.

A number of people predicted a draw at Aldershot as well.

Onto Dover then.

It is still tight down there - it would only take other teams to have a little run & we would be back in a more sticky situation than we would like - hence the importance of keeping the points total ticking over.

Remarkably February sees us play 7 games - 5 at home & 2 away. That's quite a programme of games to get through.

Onto Dover then.

It is still tight down there - it would only take other teams to have a little run & we would be back in a more sticky situation than we would like - hence the importance of keeping the points total ticking over.

Remarkably February sees us play 7 games - 5 at home & 2 away. That's quite a programme of games to get through.
I predict that by the time we play Solihull Moors, our last game in Feb that it will be mathematically impossible for Dover to catch us

If we can win at Dover, Kev, although it will be a total team effort, has got to be in for a shout of manager of the month.

Also what a statement by the whole of the football team to have a tangible accolade so early into the restructure and surely another sign for those who were a bit hesitant of what was be put in place, that we are moving in the right direction.......and those signs do not depend only on winning at Dover, but a fact we have taken 4 points from the last two games after going behind in both.

Mind you would be nice to dominate possession in a game, and go 2 or 3 up and win comfortably.

There is always something else to aim for. :LoyalSupporter:

Last edited:

Onto Dover then.

Not quite as remarkable as you think. I think you are including the Boreham Wood game on Feb 5th. This has been postponed and has not as yet been rearranged.
so we have a more comfortable six games in February, 4 at home and 2 away at Woking and Eastleigh.

Back