• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next to Go - Part 2

steveo

mine to stay the same please
How about the UK?

Highest unemployment figures for a decade expected to be announced today

Millions of tax payers money to get the Banks out of trouble - although didnt they put us here in the first place?

Pound at an eight year low against the Dollar - and slumping against the Euro.

Quote from a well known politician in the 90's:

A weak pound is the sign of a weak economy which is the sign of a weak Government.

Any ideas who said it?

I agree, and he must bear some of the responsibility as well.

Do you think he might call a snap election to allow the people to see if they want to give him a chance to sort his mess out? That wont ever happen.

Do you think he might call a snap election to allow the people to see if they want to give him a chance to sort his mess out? That wont ever happen.

Brown won't have the bottle to call a snap election and lose the job he craved for so long. He could have gone to the country in November 2007 but cowardice got the better of him then, and despite the surge the Tories had made at that time I am sure Labour would have won and secured office until 2012. Now he won't go until the last possible moment in 2010. Therefore we are stuck with him for at least another 16 months.

Brown won't have the bottle to call a snap election and lose the job he craved for so long. He could have gone to the country in November 2007 but cowardice got the better of him then, and despite the surge the Tories had made at that time I am sure Labour would have won and secured office until 2012. Now he won't go until the last possible moment in 2010. Therefore we are stuck with him for at least another 16 months.

Yep, another jock running the country.

Yeah thanks Blair. Would rather have him that Brown though that's for sure.

That's a toughie. You've got a duplicitious ******* who led us into highly expensive, concurrent wars fought by under-funded, poorly equipped troops, on the one hand. On the other you've got an unelected financial 'expert' who in giving all of our money to the very people who ****ed the economy up in the first place, has probably confirmed the unemployment of at least a third of the people on this messageboard.

I bow to no man in my hatred of the Tories, but they're looking pretty ****ing electable right now.

A Prime Minister who led us into an unwinnable war based on a tissue or lies, or a PM who hasn't had the guts to face the electorate, what a choice.

Looks like we all agree we need a new strong leader so its obvious a sharp dose of Thatcherism is required here.

Looks like we all agree we need a new strong leader so its obvious a sharp dose of Thatcherism is required here.

The problem is, and we need a change of government now equally as urgently as we did in 1997, I don't see a strong leader in any party.

Last edited:
Ron Martin for PM. His weekly blog on his policies would surely be a hit.

Bad Idea. All the police would be on loan and have to go back to where they came from after 6 months. Might work with the immigrants tohugh - oooh sorry lefties just kidding.

Officially announced to-day, we're in Reccession.

If it's 6 months for Reccession how longer to announce

Slump

or

Depression ??

Back