• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next year's betting odds?

No-one's opened a book yet. Most firms tend to wait until after the play-off final, when they know for sure what the final line up of the division will be.

Don't accept any shorter than 25/1 on us when the prices do come out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ May 04 2004,16:14)]No-one's opened a book yet. Most firms tend to wait until after the play-off final, when they know for sure what the final line up of the division will be.

Don't accept any shorter than 25/1 on us when the prices do come out.
Or even which teams are relegated!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ May 04 2004,16:20)]W4 Shrimper. As you seem a bit of a betting man. What would you advise to bet on with matchday betting.
I advise never to bet on your own team, as it always ends in tears!

.....agreed mcscriven! own team and teams associated with your mates! never bet on the blues coz then if we lose at least u have the glimmer of hope ur bet has come in!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ May 04 2004,16:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ May 04 2004,16:20)]W4 Shrimper. As you seem a bit of a betting man. What would you advise to bet on with matchday betting.
Shrimperzone Prediction League apart, I haven't bet on or against Southend for a couple of years. Even though us losing 2-1 at Orient every season is the best value 7/1 shot ever!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ May 04 2004,16:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ May 04 2004,16:32)]
[b said:
Shrimperzone Prediction League apart, I haven't bet on or against Southend for a couple of years. Even though us losing 2-1 at Orient every season is the best value 7/1 shot ever!
I'm up about a tenner on Southend bets this season (excluding stupid multipliers at 500-1). Before this season though, not great.

I have a flutter on us now and then but only really lookout for when companies give us decent odds without really doing the research into who we are playing, form etc... generally tend to pay out apart from that never stick anything on Southend.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ May 04 2004,16:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ May 04 2004,16:26)]What game? Or just matchday betting in general?
Well primarily the game on Saturday.
Toruqay will obviously have a great chance of winning, but I reckon their price might be a touch short.

When one team has to win and the other doesn't, you often find the odds on the team who need the points are often a little bit stingy.

I won't be betting, but I'll be going for a 1-1 draw in the Prediction League

In answer to Matty the Shrimper, the odds on specific scoreline bets for Saturday are available on: http://www.oddschecker.com/

The link above takes you to the page with the specific scoreline permutations for Saturday's game against Torquay.  You can tell W4 Shrimper knows his onions... the shortest specific scoreline odds for a Southend win (a 1-0 win at that) are 8/1.

Hope that helps.

Matt

Back