• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Next Zoom Meeting

Ron had looked into one of the main people at the Save our Southend recent protests, who had a long history of only buying children's tickets, and, on one occasion, bought 32 - the suggestion being that he and his mates take pride in diddling Southend out of ticket money on a regular basis. This guy was not part of the official protest group according to several people.
Thanks Kay
That is taking the p**s completely

Ron had looked into one of the main people at the Save our Southend recent protests, who had a long history of only buying children's tickets, and, on one occasion, bought 32 - the suggestion being that he and his mates take pride in diddling Southend out of ticket money on a regular basis. This guy was not part of the official protest group according to several people.
Ha in which case I know who it is

Yes, you'd like to have thought it would have been questioned at the time though either at the ticket office or at the turnstiles.
Genuine question though, when you put a ticket in the turnstile machine does it come up with a different light or notification to say child ticket? Because I can’t remember the last time anyone physically checked my ticket.

On the issue of selling printed programmes, it has to be said that the system used is in no way customer friendly and almost certainly results in less being sold. Surely at least one selling point could be made available in the main car park, the cost being minable. Surely its better to keep things simple, the paying public like to have easy access to purchasing items whether it's a football club, cinema or racecourse. Selling programmes at a bar or kiosk is OK at places like Concorde Rangers where just 300 fans attend is manageable but last Saturdays situation at Roots Hall is not what fans (customers) want.

Genuine question though, when you put a ticket in the turnstile machine does it come up with a different light or notification to say child ticket? Because I can’t remember the last time anyone physically checked my ticket.
I know a couple of seasons ago when going into the West at the start of the season there were stewards checking and I believe they knew what tickets people presented by the lighting on the turnstile but, it is an interesting question

Yes, it does, concession/OAP/child should come up with a different colour light - which the stewards are supposed to be able to notice. Trouble is, I don't think you can distinguish between the types - so perhaps a student might appear the same as a child, for instance. It's so long since I've used the turnstiles with someone with one that I can't tell you what colour light it is for one. Orange possibly?

I know a couple of seasons ago when going into the West at the start of the season there were stewards checking and I believe they knew what tickets people presented by the lighting on the turnstile but, it is an interesting question
Last Saturday for Stockport we were just waved through. It's possible that a lack of stewards will prevent thorough checks.

Last Saturday for Stockport we were just waved through. It's possible that a lack of stewards will prevent thorough checks.
My mistake are they not called “Marshall’s” now

Quite enjoyed Tom's nearly 100 days zoom meeting apart from the Chairman's final contribution.Nobody enjoys getting ripped off but I can't imagine that anyone present at the meeting (or most people listening in like me) would dream of ripping SUFC off for 32 kids tickets.

The fact that programmes are no longer available at the usual kiosks is of course a joke.Sorry but queuing up at the food/bev outlets,going to the ticket office or getting a digital programme don't do it for me.

Talking about good programme service I was well impressed by Kings Lynn who sent me a copy of the programme for our first NL match there for just a fiver.That's what I call looking after supporters.

Quite enjoyed Tom's nearly 100 days zoom meeting apart from the Chairman's final contribution.Nobody enjoys getting ripped off but I can't imagine that anyone present at the meeting (or most people listening in like me) would dream of ripping SUFC off for 32 kids tickets.

The fact that programmes are no longer available at the usual kiosks is of course a joke.Sorry but queuing up at the food/bev outlets,going to the ticket office or getting a digital programme don't do it for me.

Talking about good programme service I was well impressed by Kings Lynn who sent me a copy of the programme for our first NL match there for just a fiver.That's what I call looking after supporters.
Agree with you totally and may i add Rons broadside was some what out of the blue and like Paul said Ron was talking to the wrong people,but all in all another very useful meeting and thanks to everyone there.

Have a lot of sympathy for Tom. He’s come in as CEO and having to deal with issues like programme sales and wifi reach rather than sorting the strategy for the club to grow and be sustainable. I have sympathy for his point about the ticket problems last week but another week on and another shambles. You’ve got to wonder what his team are doing as he can’t do it all himself.

The West ticket office only had two windows for buying tickets and for collections. In the end the stewards on the gate were taking cash and letting people in and loads still missed the start. I suspect you wouldn’t even have to pay to get an extra person on collections. Get a kid there an hour before the start, give them free entry and a burger and tell them they’ll just miss the first five minutes of the game. Giving out collections from a box doesn’t need a degree and yet some of the people in the queue would possibly have bought a drink and food.

He certainly wasn’t anything to do with SOS, as was mentioned.

RM is still irked that people don’t like him and have protested against him. I think this being mentioned was an attempt at a cheap shot against SOS, which with hindsight made him look silly.

He certainly wasn’t anything to do with SOS, as was mentioned.

RM is still irked that people don’t like him and have protested against him. I think this being mentioned was an attempt at a cheap shot against SOS, which with hindsight made him look silly.
Personally didnt take it like that I think he was saying we all want the same thing and need to eradicate these actions.

Personally didnt take it like that I think he was saying we all want the same thing and need to eradicate these actions.
It definitely was he mentions the protests on a regular basis. If it wasn’t, he didn’t need to mention the protests, as the protests are irrelevant in this matter.

His Napoleon complex coming out again.

Back