• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Next Zoom Meeting

It definitely was he mentions the protests on a regular basis. If it wasn’t, he didn’t need to mention the protests, as the protests are irrelevant in this matter.

His Napoleon complex coming out again.
They are not irrelevant as they gave Ron a clear message and he has acted on them. Equally why should he take abuse from someone who is taking the p**s

Good on Lordy for clearing it up immediately. If anything it shows SOS in a more positive light.

Just watched all through it. I still like Tom and think he has an enormous task ahead of him but Ron was really rattling me. As usual, smooth talking but without any substance. We are still no further forward with the stadium (promise after promise) and he has given us no assurances whatsoever how this stadium will make SUFC a sustainable football club. We'll have a lease for a ground (oh, woopee) while he has stripped away all the assets that are worth tens of millions ? As for a cheap shot at a member, yes it's totally wrong, but there are much more professional ways of handling that matter.

Just watched all through it. I still like Tom and think he has an enormous task ahead of him but Ron was really rattling me. As usual, smooth talking but without any substance. We are still no further forward with the stadium (promise after promise) and he has given us no assurances whatsoever how this stadium will make SUFC a sustainable football club. We'll have a lease for a ground (oh, woopee) while he has stripped away all the assets that are worth tens of millions ? As for a cheap shot at a member, yes it's totally wrong, but there are much more professional ways of handling that matter.
Its funny i watched the 2005/6 dvd the other night. (Awesome). Tapped on at the end is a segment saying we'll be breaking ground within a year. I know there have been many things that have prevented this, but he's still smooth talking now and we are still at Roots Hall....

He certainly wasn’t anything to do with SOS, as was mentioned.

RM is still irked that people don’t like him and have protested against him. I think this being mentioned was an attempt at a cheap shot against SOS, which with hindsight made him look silly.

What are SOS up to these days? Not seen much of them since there so called protest

Totally agree 100%. Mr Lawrence has been here 100 days but can anyone honestly name one thing they feel has improved in that time?
Staff now have awareness of their responsibilities and present themselves more professionally.
For example, there were staff managing bars that had no idea of profits or losses achieved, sales figures etc..
There were admin staff that weren't up to the tasks and some had no idea of the tasks. This is not saying bad things about those people, they just weren't shown what was expected.
There is now a lot more organisation in place which is the bedrock.
Previously anyone on duty mucked in or was roped in to just about get things done instead knowing what was expected from each person in advance.
There is a working financial plan in place to budget for income expenditure on a business as usual basis.
the boxes are more organized and better run.
there are suited club officials visible around the ground on matchdays.
they guy has moved mountains behind the scenes - not all were popular decisions but needed to be done. There is still huge mountains to move that will save a lot of money.
The club was a drifting rudderless shambles. It's now got a rudder and is setting off in a planned direction. But it is early days and to be fair its easy to not notice or be aware of improvements

And Wealdstone had a lady selling these from a box on a table in front of the clubhouse when you first entered the ground.

Not exactly rocket science and basic business sense that if you are selling something then you should at least be visible to the people you are looking to sell your wares to.

Shame that we as a club cannot seem to grasp this rather simple concept too ?

On the Zoom call (at around 29.20) Tom said that they would look at re-opening the programme hut in the car park for the Wrexham game but for whatever reason this didn't happen. When I was going into the ground there was a man with a young son asking the stewards where he could buy one - he wasn't rude but did say 'it's crazy have been walking round and round for 15 minutes just trying to buy a programme' - I'm sure he wasn't the only one, lost revenue and poor customer service.

560 (hahaha) Wrexham fans in the ground (make that more like 800 to 900) and I’ll bet that there were loads of those fans looking for programmes who couldn’t get them due to the non existent marketing on the day, so more major lost revenue there no doubt.

I also know that the players never received any programmes in the dressing room on Saturday as one of them told me so. Only that a member of his family bought one that he actually was able to get a programme. You really couldn’t have a more disorganised **** up if you tried really could you? A complete and utter embarrassment doesn’t even begin to cover it ?

Is this really progress Mr Lawrence? Surely the club must be able to do better than this?

Some interesting stuff came out.

86 out 87 hoops jumped through for planing.
Ron cleared up why its not viable to flatten an expensive new stadium for houses
Income streams to the club
Over budget but Ron hinted he may extend.
ANG...mmmm?
Problems with season cards were mainly outside club control.
Opening the gates seemed a good idea to solve it.
Etc, etc.

Forget all that its how big the queue is for programmes....Thats what really matters, up there with onions.

Some interesting stuff came out.

86 out 87 hoops jumped through for planing.
Ron cleared up why its not viable to flatten an expensive new stadium for houses
Income streams to the club
Over budget but Ron hinted he may extend.
ANG...mmmm?
Problems with season cards were mainly outside club control.
Opening the gates seemed a good idea to solve it.
Etc, etc.

Forget all that its how big the queue is for programmes....Thats what really matters, up there with onions.
You really don't get it do you?

Good to hear we are finally joining the 21st century and allowing for card payments in the bars and food stands.

I've just started a new thread regarding the program debate. Please use that for any further comments on programs. Any more new posts on here regarding programs will be moved to the new thread. Thanks all.

Back