• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NFL in London

CSBLUE

First XI
As big sport fan an after all the hype I thought id watch the NFL game yesterday and see what this American football is all about.

Despite my open mind to the sport i couldn’t help but cry over that beautiful, finely cut, perfectly green and exquisitely flat pitch get ripped to shreds but a bunch of over weight Americans wearing leggings playing a game that can only be described as throwing a £1 coin in a Scottish pub and shouting SCRAMBLE!

Safe to say that American football is yet to convince me. Anyone watch and enjoy the game?

I'd rather watch paint dry than watch a bunch of thick skulled yank nancies in body armour ponce about for 6hrs for a game that is supposed to take 90 mins.

The weather ruined it for me although I am not suggesting it was raining in my lounge.

Have watched many games and do enjoy it. It does go on quite a while which puts me off going. However, I do quite like watching it on TV albeit not all of it!

In my youth I did go and watch the Southend Sabres a few times!!

The Yanks only gave that one to us because it wasn't going to sell out in the States. The Dolphins in particular are awful, and the Giants aren't much better. It was probably the equivalent of Fulham v Sunderland. Consequently I switched over after the national anthems (and what was playing the American national anthem about? They weren't in the US.)

If you want to see a good game look out for next weekend's Colts v Patriots.

used to love 'Grid Iron' as a kid and went to the Pro Bowl at Wembley in 1991 I think it was, Philadelphia Eagles vs Cleveland Browns.

Can't watch it now though, you sit around for ages waiting for some action and then a play lasts 2 seconds, more waiting, play last 5 seconds, more waiting ad nauseum.

used to love 'Grid Iron' as a kid and went to the Pro Bowl at Wembley in 1991 I think it was, Philadelphia Eagles vs Cleveland Browns.

Can't watch it now though, you sit around for ages waiting for some action and then a play lasts 2 seconds, more waiting, play last 5 seconds, more waiting ad nauseum.

That wouldn't have been the Pro Bowl, it would have been some made up "bowl" game as part of their pre-season.

The Pro Bowl is always in Hawaii and is made up of select teams (The AFC v The NFC) of that season's best players.

I often think they should scrap the Charity Shield and have a game like this instead of say the best British XI in the premiership against the best XI foreigners!

That wouldn't have been the Pro Bowl, it would have been some made up "bowl" game as part of their pre-season.

The Pro Bowl is always in Hawaii and is made up of select teams (The AFC v The NFC) of that season's best players.

I often think they should scrap the Charity Shield and have a game like this instead of say the best British XI in the premiership against the best XI foreigners!

it was a long time ago :rolleyes: :p

The gaps in play give you time to digest the previous play, try to second guess the next play and eye up the cheerleaders.

The Yanks only gave that one to us because it wasn't going to sell out in the States. The Dolphins in particular are awful, and the Giants aren't much better. It was probably the equivalent of Fulham v Sunderland. Consequently I switched over after the national anthems (and what was playing the American national anthem about? They weren't in the US.)

If you want to see a good game look out for next weekend's Colts v Patriots.

You're being a bit unfair on the Giants there YB. Yes Miami are awful but New York aren't that bad. 6-2 now and they'll be well in the NFC mix.

Of course, as I've said before, that's merely a contest to see who gets spanked by New England in the Super Bowl but people who went yesterday may well be able to say they saw the NFC champions...

Hope Indy vs New England next week isn't the late one as that is one not to be missed.

You're being a bit unfair on the Giants there YB. Yes Miami are awful but New York aren't that bad. 6-2 now and they'll be well in the NFC mix.

Of course, as I've said before, that's merely a contest to see who gets spanked by New England in the Super Bowl but people who went yesterday may well be able to say they saw the NFC champions...

Hope Indy vs New England next week isn't the late one as that is one not to be missed.

Giants might be 6 and 2, but they still aren't any good.

The Colts v Pats is 4:15pm (ET). I think that's 9:15 English time.

Back