• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nfl

Irish_Shrimper

Ant from across the Pond
New season is nearly here, so time for a new thread. Anyone see this play from the HoF game? Amazing stuff. Look out for the block on the Bills 37 right at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7xksmk0ghc

Naturally, I predict the Patriots to win it all. But Brady will probably fall over Gisele Bundchen's hair brush tomorrow, break both his legs, and the dream will be over for another year :(

Aside from the above, I reckon the Redskins could be a good shout outside of the obvious contenders, with Haynesworth in there now.

I cant access youtube at work, but if that was the fake punt it worked to perfection. Weird they did it in pre season though as that would have been a great play in the regular season.

Im looking forward to the season - but immediately in a few weeks time when the Bears go to the Broncos and the worlds best diabetic quaterback arrives back in Denver.... should get a great reception from their fans.

However, i cant see anyone from the NFC winning the superbowl this year, and will probably come down to the usual suspects, Patriots and Steelers. Will be interesting to see how the Colts do this year as well.

There seems to be a lot of love for the Eagles this year amongst the 'experts', but I just don't see it. They've added a few pieces in the draft but I don't think they have sufficient quality at the skill positions to challenge. I'd like to echo Ant's optimism regarding the Redskins, but I just don't think Campbell is up to the job, especially behind our aged offensive line. I do think the Skins will be hard to score against though with the additions of Orakpo and Haynesworth to an already strong defense.

I also agree with Benji that the SB winner is unlikely to come from the NFC, with the Pats and Steelers being the teams to beat. I could see the Vikings making an unlikely run to the NFC Championship but I wouldn't give them a chance to win it all. That said, I didn't think Arizona would win more than six games last year and they were a disputed call from a World Championship. My other surprise pick would be Miami in the AFC - I like them to kick on from last year's unlikely division championship.

it does seem like a classic Philly team signing. Not quite sure what they're intending to do with him, Reid seems to be talking in terms of wildcat offenses and the like.

it does seem like a classic Philly team signing. Not quite sure what they're intending to do with him, Reid seems to be talking in terms of wildcat offenses and the like.

With Westbrook's age creeping up on him, I can see Vick getting quite a few touches in the backfield.

Back