• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Since his return I have slated him on here,Yesterday Fred proved he still has got what it takes and IMO if he can get trimmer and fitter he could easily take the division apart next season.The bloke just has to want it for himself but can he do it week in week out?

The footballer is in him just needs to work on the training ground and keep out of fast food joints.

Was rather good seeing a keen freddy bombing around yesterday pulling the strings. Keep it up freddy and focus for pre season, maybe just maybe another season of glory for this SUFC legend.

PB was saying post match that he thought some players aren't as fit as they could/should be. A fit, keen Freddy should be awesome in this league.

It's amazing what you can do when you're trying to keep your job.

He was very good though, top effort

It's amazing what you can do when you're trying to keep your job.

He was very good though, top effort

Leave it out, pathetic comment. With a further year left on his contract, Freddy is not exactly desperate to 'keep his job', he could just see out the last year in theory.

Also, with the wages he picked up at Wolves and Coventry, I doubt whether he is desperate for a buck or two.

Maybe if the previous manager showed the slightest interest in him instead of picking favourites then Freddy may have been different.

Leave it out, pathetic comment. With a further year left on his contract, Freddy is not exactly desperate to 'keep his job', he could just see out the last year in theory.

Also, with the wages he picked up at Wolves and Coventry, I doubt whether he is desperate for a buck or two.

Maybe if the previous manager showed the slightest interest in him instead of picking favourites then Freddy may have been different.
Just what I was going to say. If there is one good thing Phil Brown HAS done, then getting Freddy keen is top of the list. The start of the 2nd half yesterday he was absolutely on fire!

I hope Fred has a good run in . I think more impetus is going to have to be placed on commercial thissummer in case we get the huge financial strife thats been forecast. Exta money must be attempted to be brought in and of the guys I see I'd say Bilel, Fred and Ryan Leonard would boost commercial in terms of merchandise sales. Get them to a brochure with them in it and maybe advertise around towns to get people aware of the Club. These 3 would be good for the community to attract people to buy merchandise, encourage role modelling which in turn may see a fewextra turn up at games. A start.

This excites me, Freddy still has vision and bags of talent you can see that. A fully fit Freddy next season will have me down the Hall every game!

I agree with all the guys comment ^ ^ - a good pre season could do him good and he got a manager who is backing him.

Since his return I have slated him on here,Yesterday Fred proved he still has got what it takes and IMO if he can get trimmer and fitter he could easily take the division apart next season.The bloke just has to want it for himself but can he do it week in week out?

The footballer is in him just needs to work on the training ground and keep out of fast food joints.

Then why on earth did Brown take him off when he was clearly the only one who was able to create anything. He should've taken Britt off who seems to have given up!!

Good performance yesterday but was surprised to see his technical ability let him down when coming to crossing/shooting.
A lot of work to do, but I am hoping Brown and the staff can give him a hard work out over the pre-season.

Then why on earth did Brown take him off when he was clearly the only one who was able to create anything. He should've taken Britt off who seems to have given up!!

The guys loan deal may have clauses stating he cannot be subbed,It was an odd decision I must admit to take Fred off.

Cos he was blowing out of his arse!!!

I hope Fred has a good run in . I think more impetus is going to have to be placed on commercial thissummer in case we get the huge financial strife thats been forecast. Exta money must be attempted to be brought in and of the guys I see I'd say Bilel, Fred and Ryan Leonard would boost commercial in terms of merchandise sales. Get them to a brochure with them in it and maybe advertise around towns to get people aware of the Club. These 3 would be good for the community to attract people to buy merchandise, encourage role modelling which in turn may see a fewextra turn up at games. A start.

Yeah cos he's such an angel isn't he. :stunned:

I think you will find, from yesterday's posts, that Bilel is no more, he is gone, left and moved away.

fred has a fantastic game yesterday long time coming .But he really didn't get a chance under P S .If he felt un wanted by the last boss then maybe that's why he didn't put any effort in .

fred has a fantastic game yesterday long time coming .But he really didn't get a chance under P S .If he felt un wanted by the last boss then maybe that's why he didn't put any effort in .
I agree to an extent, I feel that the football Paul sturrock played wasn't suited to Fred. However at Coventry the manager said he didn't know how Fred was a pro! He has had issues with alcohol and I feel we can see this with his figure recently! I feel Phil Brown is the man that will get back the freddy Eastwood we all know, but that will take time! We all as southend fans believe in Fred, he just needs to portray to us he has the same affection to us and drive to succeed for the club that made him

Well done Freddy. All he needs is a manager who shows confidence in him to get the best out of him. Still has the touch which a lot of players at this level can only dream of. It really showed the difference when he went off how our game dropped.

Back