• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nice Spot For Lunch in Southend/Leigh etc?

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So it's the missus 30th Birthday tomorrow and I am going to take her for a bit of shopping in Leigh and Southend. Then I'm looking to take her for lunch somewhere. Nothing overly fancy, just a nice bar/bistro type place that serves decent food. Not really a fan of seafood, so more meat based dishes/traditional English Fayre etc.

Any recommendations chaps?

Thanks for the suggestions chaps. Has anyone been to The Grove in Leigh before?

www.zabrano.co.uk/ Simply the best you will not be disappointed and not expensive.Got a great menu.

Been to the Grove - but only for breakfast - they have a nice decking area out the back which would be great if it's sunny, and do a pretty good fry-up (bit pricey for a fry-up but very nice).

If you can push onto Thorpe Bay try the Roslin hotel on the front best food in town in my opinion. The chef is from the old Paris restaurant which says it all.

friend went to the boatyard Friday night and the food was *****. i had a nice lunch at Ocean Beach which if the sun is shining would be a nice view as well

If your a big eater then hit the Grove , always end up walking out proper full up , Good Value .

Pop round mine mate, I'll heat you up some of last night's Domino's (there might even be a Mozarella stick left if you wanna starter). I'll put you on some some Barry White on the Sony Stacking system, turn the dimmer switch down to enable you to get your A game on, I'll even get one of the boys in to stand in the bathroom with a bottle of Paco Rabane in case you need to freshen up.

No need to thank me.

Is the Paco Rabane watered down? If not I might be interested.

No genuine stuff mate - my brother work's as a security guard down Boots. If he meets his quota of throwing out 11 hoodies a week, he gets to keep any tester bottle he wants.

Lots of nice places in Leigh especially- can vouch for the Grove and Boatyard, both excellent and always busy, a good sign. Irma's do very good pizza too, just off the Broadway.

Been to the Boatyard once. Nice venue but like many places in Leigh the food was crap and overpriced.

Manolys Thai are worth a punt at lunchtime and do a set menu at six quid a pop.

Back