• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NICE TO SEE A COMMITTED PERFORMANCE (committed in one way at least)

chris wood

Youth Team
I have to say given what has gone on and in such a short space of time last nights performance by the boys that want to pull on a blue shirt has to be applauded.
Every player put a shift in and there were tackles and tireless runs all over the park it was a pleasure to see and a nice breath of fresh air away from all the doom and gloom which surrounds us.
Anthony Grant was superb everything he did oozed quality and in my book was the best player on the night from both sides by far. Easton worked his socks off and the pair will be a far better pairing in the center than we had last season.
My only worry is we do need to sign these lads no just to the pre contract signings.
Evans in goal was to thank for a great one on one stop when we could have gone 2-0 down early on.
We must sign Evans!
Corr looked better than anything ive seen up top for a little while good touch and good running off the ball also likes to stick his head in.
So i think being ultra positive which im not known for!!! Sturrock and Widdy have (given the rite back up from uncle Ron) the scope to find us the players we will need to make the club possibly challenge.
So commited on the field well done boys! Lets get the comittment from Ron cos the signs are there that these boys are here for the club and its nice to see players playing with passion again at the hall.
Too many times last season there was a nothin feeling players going through the motions players who knew they would start week in week out dare i say it some favourites of the manager in the side as well.
All this could be a blessing as we were a little stale and the big clear out could be whats needed?
Could be?
So come on Ron get Sturrock and the lads he needs signed now to Southend.
A final well done for now, so until the next bit of bad news im smilling again!

Here, here - I thought the players were a credit tonight, let's hope it lasts.

A good job done so far by the management team and I came away from RH with a smile for a change.

I agree that I think that this is what we needed - a breath of fresh air.

We also looked like we knew what footie was all about last night - lots of challenges, running for the ball and running towards goal.

Well Done Lads - keep up the good work.

Totally agree with you! It was a really nice surprise because i am not sure what I was expecting, but I was determined to go along and show my support for the club and the new players and management team. Like most, if not all, I am aghast at what has happened to our beloved club but realise that they way to get what we all really want (a successful side, playing in a lovely new ground) is to get right behind the team, particularly in these formative weeks, so as to instill some confidence in the players who have pledged their services to play for OUR club. If last nights performance was anything to go by (and its a big IF), then we are in for a good season! I think I will plan a trip to Eastbourne now!!!

Well i agree the attacking play was there once again we also have a couple of good young wingers who look to get forward join in and cross the ball. Tackles, passion , and after the final whistle players genuinely clapping the fans you could see that they are believing as well.
A new begining with a side that want to play all looks good so far.

Well i agree the attacking play was there once again we also have a couple of good young wingers who look to get forward join in and cross the ball. Tackles, passion , and after the final whistle players genuinely clapping the fans you could see that they are believing as well.
A new begining with a side that want to play all looks good so far.

All congratulated eachother aswell, many people will say, its only clapping the fans, but I've seen a lot of games especially friendlies where the players just leg it off down the tunnel. They all walked off with a big smile on their face, having a laugh as they walked off.

So to actually see Easton give Granty a massive bloke hug and say ''****ing quality Granty'', and Sturrock to pat Granty on the back, and all of them, as they walked off to be given a lot of praise by Tommy, it just gave me a buzz. That feeling started to come back.

Well I thought I would never feel this way but I am actually excited by the start of the new season. (Sure within 24 hours that feeling will be squashed) but until then I am getting that pre-season buzz again. Its a nice feeling so please Ron can you let me keep it?

Back