• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nice To See Lots Of Shrimpers In Vegas

TMWLT

Banned
having got back, from vegas last night, its worth reporting that there was around 30 shrimpers in attendance for the fight, our little group numbered 5
3 of which including me, got in with no tickets!! which was a major touch
and then simons little group from stanford and tilbury numbered some 20, plus the other bits and bobs.

What a night, it was what an england used to be like, the noise was incredible, and its the most hostile that i felt at a sporting event for years

highlights included the booing of the national anthem of the usa, and some of these fkwit americans scared out of their lives,

If only this could be like this at the new wembley.

top trip made even better by my plane from vegas to san fran, being boarded
by 2 state troopers just before take off, to take off 2 terrorist looking suspects you know the ones, asian appearances, i was fine as i was right by the emergency exit, but those americans do act up a bit

having got back, from vegas last night, its worth reporting that there was around 30 shrimpers in attendance for the fight, our little group numbered 5
3 of which including me, got in with no tickets!! which was a major touch
and then simons little group from stanford and tilbury numbered some 20, plus the other bits and bobs.

What a night, it was what an england used to be like, the noise was incredible, and its the most hostile that i felt at a sporting event for years

highlights included the booing of the national anthem of the usa, and some of these fkwit americans scared out of their lives,

If only this could be like this at the new wembley.

top trip made even better by my plane from vegas to san fran, being boarded
by 2 state troopers just before take off, to take off 2 terrorist looking suspects you know the ones, asian appearances, i was fine as i was right by the emergency exit, but those americans do act up a bit

Sounds like a cracking trip. One of my colleagues went, I'm looking forward to his tales from Vegas.

But why is booing the American national anthem a good thing? When people boo another country's anthem it just makes them look ignorant and disrespectful.

Two words - Friendly Fire.

Three words - Second. World. War.

America or not, booing another country's national anthem is petty and small-minded. Why were there thousands of people booing the Croat anthem at Wembley a few weeks ago? What could we possibly have against Croatia, apart from them having the temerity to be better than us at football?

America or not, booing another country's national anthem is petty and small-minded. Why were there thousands of people booing the Croat anthem at Wembley a few weeks ago? What could we possibly have against Croatia, apart from them having the temerity to be better than us at football?

Completely agree. All the booing of national anthems achieves is to fire up the opposing players / sportspeople and make them even more determined to put one over on the boo-boys :p

To be fair, that's actually 46 words.

:thump:

highlights included the booing of the national anthem of the usa,

Classy, maybe I'll remember this post next time I hear God Save the Queen. Actually I would never boo the British national anthem since I have respect for Britain and for myself.

I always used to wonder why anyone would boo the anthem of another country, because they surely must realize that they just end up looking like idiots, but then I realized that it is because they are idiots.

some of these fkwit americans scared out of their lives

I think you may have confused fear with revulsion

Last edited:
Classy, maybe I'll remember this post next time I hear God Save the Queen. Actually I would never boo the British national anthem since I have respect for Britain and for myself.

I always used to wonder why anyone would boo the anthem of another country, because they surely must realize that they just end up looking like idiots, but then I realized that it is because they are idiots.

I think you may have confused fear with revulsion

To be honest I think this post was probably tongue in cheek to see who would bite.

However I agree with, the people who boo any anthem are witless cretins.

Seth, wise words as always.

But you are a bad man for posting a picture of a snow-covered mountain, something which (at present) I am unlikely to be seeing in 2008...

:cry:

You never had a go at me when my avatar was Charles Hawtrey. And there's no chance you'll be seeing him in 2008.

to be honest i don't have much of a problem with the national anthem booing.. not out of any sense of anti-americanism but just because it's part of the process of trying to get in the opposition fans faces. It might not work, but i don't think there's any malicious intent to it in that context- i'm sure most of the people booing the star spangled banner the other day were perfectly friendly to americans the rest of the time they were there. think it's been blown somewhat out of proportion.

plus, that Tyrese guy gave a very flowery rendition compared to Tom Jones' dignified take on GSTQ, so there.

Seth, wise words as always.

But you are a bad man for posting a picture of a snow-covered mountain, something which (at present) I am unlikely to be seeing in 2008...

:cry:

Honestly, I might see snow covered mountains a bunch, but for the past few years I haven't been able to enjoy them since, according to my doctor, skiing is pretty much the worst thing I could with the number and type of knee injuries I've had. If you want we could always trade places for a few weeks and you could enjoy the Colorado Rockies and I could see a Southend match for the first time in 2 1/2 years. :p

Honestly, I might see snow covered mountains a bunch, but for the past few years I haven't been able to enjoy them since, according to my doctor, skiing is pretty much the worst thing I could with the number and type of knee injuries I've had. If you want we could always trade places for a few weeks and you could enjoy the Colorado Rockies and I could see a Southend match for the first time in 2 1/2 years. :p

**wonders if he can persuade the wife to head to student digs in Colorado**

**wonders if he'll remember to tell Seth about the building work chez MtS which will be underway by February...**

:p

**wonders if he can persuade the wife to head to student digs in Colorado**

:p

I resent that, although my current living situation closely resembles "student digs" (although some might even argue that is too generous of a term to use for my crappy apartment) I graduated quite a while back and I am now a fully functioning member of society (again, maybe "fully functioning" is too generous of a phrase to use, but I'm going to stick with it).

Back