• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Dady

¡Viva la Kevolución! ⭐️ ⭐️
Staff member
Just thought I would get things started in Ex Shrimpers for the little money grabbing ginger **** after this!

Bailey wants 'dream move'
Southend star ready for Charlton switch

Nicky Bailey has revealed he is desperate to seal a 'dream move' to Charlton Athletic.

The Southend midfielder was transfer-listed at the end of the season after he shunned a new contract at Roots Hall.

Bailey only arrived at Southend last year from Barnet, but he had a superb campaign on the South Coast winning their Player of the Year award.

After being listed, a host of Championship clubs showed and interest and now Charlton are locked in talks to land the 23-year-old former Barnet man.

Bailey admits he is highly unlikely to feature in Southend's opening match of the League One season against Peterborough on Saturday.

Dream move

"My head isn't right to be honest, as soon as Charlton came in - my mind was already there, it is a dream move for me," he told skysports.com.

"I am transfer-listed, something which wasn't my choice, so I presumed they would quickly strike a deal - which unfortunately is not the case at the moment.

"But I did not ask to be listed, the club listed me after I turned down a contract, so all along this situation has not been of my making.

"Now I am expected to play and I just don't think it is fair on me, my team-mates or the club.

"No matter what happens now, I will have Charlton in the back of my mind so I just don't see how I can be in the right frame of mind. I won't want to get injured.

Opportunity

"I also really wouldn't want to let the lads down - so I just don't think it is right that I am involved.

"This is an opportunity of a life time for me, to join one of the Championship's biggest clubs is something I only dreamed about when I was playing non-league just a few years ago.

"I have loved my time at all my clubs - Barnet and now Southend - the fans have always taken to me because of my style of play and I have loved them back, and I know I have given 100 per cent on the field, 100 per cent of the time.

"But like with Barnet, I just hope I can get that chance to move onto the next level."

Link

Bailey Unfit Shock

Bailey now declares himself unfit (to wear a Blues shirt).

0,,10444~3749131,00.jpg

Bailey Unfit To Wear A Blues Shirt

Link

Well at least his new shirt will match his hair! :dim:

Bailey ~ A memory.............

I am sorry Bailey has chosen to go, it just shows that players have no understanding of what a contract is about. It seems that football readily accepts that players can break their contracts when they feel like it (similar to Ronaldo) and no matter what the length of the contract and how happy they were to accept the deal at the time they know they can walk or pressure the club to sell them and in turn get a better deal elsewhere.
He had a great season last time out and we certainly missed him tonight against Cheltenham but once Macca is back and we perhaps sign a good central midfielder along side him we will be ok.

Once he was put on the list it was only a question of time so it may have been a self inflicted wound as he had two years left, perhaps it would have been better to wait a year and then offer the new contract. Once he knew bigger clubs were interested it turned his head and now he is gone.....

Bi Bi Bailey, you leave us with a slightly bitter taste but thanks for the one season....

Just thought I would get things started in Ex Shrimpers for the little money grabbing ginger **** after this!

So if someone came along and offered you a lot more moneyto do the same job as you are already doing, in better conditions, (just like when he left Barnett for Southend) presumably you would turn them down then.

So if someone came along and offered you a lot more moneyto do the same job as you are already doing, in better conditions, (just like when he left Barnett for Southend) presumably you would turn them down then.

If he wants to go then fine. Its the way Bailey has conducted himself in recent days with the Sky interview and delcaring himself unfit which is probably annoyed most people including me.

He has made himself bigger and better than the club and the people that supported him. Declaring yourself unfit just says, I dont want or need you anymore I am better than you lot and I cant be bothered. Sorry but that aint good enough. Surely you are under contract to play football in front of those that have paid your wages, to skive off is not ok.

If he had just decided to play at the highest level of not turn round and slap SUFC in the face in the process then I would wish him well. As it is, I dont think I do. If thats how he feels about the club then he can sod off somewhere else and treat them like crap when it suits him.

Good player or not Bailey your recent conduct stinks so F OFF....

Shame he has chosen to go, but I will not wish him the best, as well quite frankly the guy is a ****, I hope he fails miserably. The attitude he has shown through all this has been nothing short of laughable

I am all for players moving on to bigger and better things. He will be earning more money in a higher league so fair play to him or any of our players who go on to higher playing fields. BUT the way he has conducted himself is one of arrogance and just been a down right ****! I dont want players like that at my club so thanks for the one season Bailey now **** off!!

I am all for players moving on to bigger and better things. He will be earning more money in a higher league so fair play to him or any of our players who go on to higher playing fields. BUT the way he has conducted himself is one of arrogance and just been a down right ****! I dont want players like that at my club so thanks for the one season Bailey now **** off!!

I seem to remember he did something like this when we signed him from Barnet

Nicky Bailey Not Fit To Wear A Blue Shirt

I knew I put this thread in the right Ex Shrimpers section. :madman:

Link

Quitly frankly, he's a glory hunter. Because on the charlton Athletic website he said, "I'm glad to be able to finalyl come to charlton, and get the chance to play in the premiership" he's obviously only looking for glory. that statement proves it. I wish he said that he wanted to leave before the start of the season, because now he has left southend right in it, struggling to find a new central midfielder. But hopefully, Moussa will do well as a replacement.

Again I state that the boy went about it all wrong, if Macca & Franny can talk to the boss & chairman and sort things; why couldn't NB? He said all the wrong things at the wrong times, so I can only summise he planned this all along..........

Quitly frankly, he's a glory hunter. Because on the charlton Athletic website he said, "I'm glad to be able to finalyl come to charlton, and get the chance to play in the premiership" he's obviously only looking for glory. that statement proves it. I wish he said that he wanted to leave before the start of the season, because now he has left southend right in it, struggling to find a new central midfielder. But hopefully, Moussa will do well as a replacement.

he was a glory hunter when he joined us probably thinking he'd ended up playing in the Championship with us!

why would he want to stay when he can go a play for Charlton??

Quitly frankly, he's a glory hunter. Because on the charlton Athletic website he said, "I'm glad to be able to finalyl come to charlton, and get the chance to play in the premiership" he's obviously only looking for glory

Cant believe how naive people can be. Do you honestly think any of our players would rather play for Southend than go and seek fame and fortune with a bigger club who are playing in a division higher?

Cant believe how naive people can be. Do you honestly think any of our players would rather play for Southend than go and seek fame and fortune with a bigger club who are playing in a division higher?

YES! Adam Barrett.

Back