• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nick Nicolau

rabbloke

Coach
Scored today for Hereford. Do you think he regrets his ambitious move from The Hall?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Mar. 11 2006,17:28)]Scored today for Hereford. Do you think he regrets his ambitious move from The Hall?
biggrin.gif
How many times!!!! he did not want to leave, he was given absolutely no choice!!!

If you got promoted at work, would you accept a pay cut?

Did you ever talk to him about leaving?

mad.gif

Anyway, rant over, good on you Nicky, keep it up mate!!
biggrin.gif

Shame he didnt stay really because I always thought he was a good player and would of been useful to have as a back up

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Mar. 11 2006,21:58)]Shame he didnt stay really because I always thought he was a good player and would of been useful to have as a back up
I have noticed a few of our players' boots getting dirty, perhaps we could bring him back to clean them as he certainly isn't good enough to be on the Roots Hall pitch again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Mar. 13 2006,22:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Mar. 11 2006,21:58)]Shame he didnt stay really because I always thought he was a good player and would of been useful to have as a back up
I have noticed a few of our players' boots getting dirty, perhaps we could bring him back to clean them as he certainly isn't good enough to be on the Roots Hall pitch again.
Agreed. Some people on here need to get over their love for Nicolau, he was an average league 2 player and he certainly wouldn't be able to cut it in the championship if we get there.

a poor left back but I thought he always looked ok on the wing though....but not a Championship standard winger
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ Mar. 14 2006,09:34)]
[b said:
[b said:
Agreed. Some people on here need to get over their love for Nicolau, he was an average league 2 player and he certainly wouldn't be able to cut it in the championship if we get there.
Nobody said he was good enough for the Championship

Nicolau used to be one of my favourite. Agreed definitely not a left-back, but you could see he was brought up in the Arsenal academy in the sense that his first touch was generally a different class and his distribution from set-pieces (especially corners) proved useful at times when we needed variation. Wish him the best luck, I'm sure somewhere above the conference will have him!

I always rated Nicky but he would never get in the current team at left back ahead of Wilson or Left mid when Gowers there. When Swindon go down hopefully he'll be able to do a go job for them in League 2 next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scrounger700 @ Mar. 14 2006,14:39)]his distribution from set-pieces (especially corners) proved useful at times when we needed variation.
Play-off final a case in point...

Always liked the lad but sadly he was just not good enough to cut it at league 1. I think he could do a good job for a league 2 club. I will always remember him for his strike against kidderminster away, just after they equalised his goal send the travelling blue supporters mental behind the goal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Mar. 14 2006,14:10)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
You really are a **** SoTW. If hes so ace then tell me why he's plying his trade at Hereford?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ Mar. 29 2006,22:19)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
You really are a **** SoTW. If hes so ace then tell me why he's plying his trade at Hereford?
because they can see real quality when they see it

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Mar. 30 2006,22:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ Mar. 29 2006,22:19)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
because they can see real quality when they see it

wink.gif
I think you've got an unhealty obsession with left backs, sir...

tounge.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Mar. 11 2006,21:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Mar. 11 2006,17:28)]Scored today for Hereford. Do you think he regrets his ambitious move from The Hall?
biggrin.gif
How many times!!!! he did not want to leave, he was given absolutely no choice!!!

If you got promoted at work, would you accept a pay cut?

Did you ever talk to him about leaving?

mad.gif

Anyway, rant over, good on you Nicky, keep it up mate!!
biggrin.gif
You are Nicky Nicolau and I claim my Ā£5

wink.gif

I spoke to him when he left - he was not asked to accept a pay-cut but was offered a new contract on the same terms as his existing contract.

Back