• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know the PC brigade on this board are going to be moaning about this one but i was wondering, with the over zealous police looking to gain brownie points with the chief inspector, has anyone been arrested at football and what for?

I was pinched in 99 against Doncaster in the cup outside the Golden Lion after an altercation with a few dozen notherners but was found not guilty by a jury of 12 at Chelmsford crown court and rightly so as it was self defence
wink.gif

Any other stories?

Bloody hell you are a brave man starting on a few dozen of northeners. Not been nicked yet but been kicked out of a couple of games before for stupid things like being drunk and rude to stewards. The stewards at canvey got bit a offended being called a pikey.
biggrin.gif

No comment...but suffice to say I'm not a fan of Cambridgeshire's constabulary...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Dec. 21 2005,17:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Dec. 21 2005,17:05)]No comment...but suffice to say I'm not a fan of Cambridgeshire's constabulary...
Of which, I believe, Scott Houghton is now a member.
wow.gif
Have they done away with a minimum level of physical requirements to enter the police in Cambridgeshire then?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Dec. 21 2005,17:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Dec. 21 2005,17:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Dec. 21 2005,17:05)]No comment...but suffice to say I'm not a fan of Cambridgeshire's constabulary...
Of which, I believe, Scott Houghton is now a member.
wow.gif
Have they done away with a minimum level of physical requirements to enter the police in Cambridgeshire then?  
tounge.gif
No height restrictions on any police anymore. Hence the ITV series that should be known as The Shortarse Detective aka A Touch of Frost.

I was nicked for invasion of a playing area against Col******r in LDV area final £170 pound fine at Southend court (tad harsh), Bournmouth away few years ago for having a round of fisty cuffs with a Bournmouth fan given £80 public order fine and various other little scraps nothing to be proud of.

Call me PC, call me conservative, call me a tw&t but i think these types of posts should be blocked.
No offence Sao Paulo, your post isn't an incitefull one and these subjects come up every now and again.
Just my opinion, but fighting at football is foolish and should not be applauded or given creedence through discussion on this board.

If anyone disagrees, i'll fly over and duff you up
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Call me PC, call me conservative, call me a tw&t but i think these types of posts should be blocked.
but its not illegal to talk about things, hence if you dont like the subject in which people are talking about why open the topic and post on it
rock.gif

I state that in my opinion i think that these subjects should be blocked because of what they represent in terms of behaviours.
If you condone them thats up to you.
I'm a regular of this board and am open minded to read all posts.
Opposition to matters should be just as valid as any other post.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (perth shrimper @ Dec. 22 2005,04:27)]Call me PC, call me conservative, call me a tw&t but i think these types of posts should be blocked.
No offence Sao Paulo, your post isn't an incitefull one and these subjects come up every now and again.
Just my opinion, but fighting at football is foolish and should not be applauded or given creedence through discussion on this board.

If anyone disagrees, i'll fly over and duff you up
tounge.gif
No applauding at all Perth, just asking a question that was all, i dont agree with alot of posts on here and find them boring or offensive but just move on so maybe you cvould do the same.

Its a free world though so you are entitled to your view and what you write but so is everyone else.

I have come far too close on occasions.

Closet would be when we beat Darlo? 3-2 when 2-0 down at the break, and Mark Gower scored a belter to win in at the end.

He ran over to the side with rest of the players, and all fans ran down, so my brain assumed we were all getting over the wall, so i ran down there stepped over the wall and hugged Nicolau who told me "your gonna get dun mate", i turned round and had stewards running at me, so i stepped back, and had to have a very lengthy discussion with a few from my seat to the pitch for remaining 7 or so minutes, a very uncomfortable few minutes.

For the avoidance of doubt, i would do it again
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Dec. 22 2005,14:12)]I have come far too close on occasions.

Closet would be when we beat Darlo? 3-2 when 2-0 down at the break, and Mark Gower scored a belter to win in at the end.

He ran over to the side with rest of the players, and all fans ran down, so my brain assumed we were all getting over the wall, so i ran down there stepped over the wall and hugged Nicolau who told me "your gonna get dun mate", i turned round and had stewards running at me, so i stepped back, and had to have a very lengthy discussion with a few from my seat to the pitch for remaining 7 or so minutes, a very uncomfortable few minutes.

For the avoidance of doubt, i would do it again
biggrin.gif
I came quite close at Grimsby when, having seen our slim chances of victory disappear when hundreds of fishy fans lined the pitch with not a PC in site, I saw a van full of coppers outside the ground sitting down and joking.

Having had a skinful and just endured one of the most painful afternoons in my life I wasn't in an entirely correct frame of mind and decided to shout something which I can't quite recall but it may have included the words "lazy" "sitting" and "arses".

Next thing I knew I was being dragged from a shop by the neck and thrown up against a wall and 'warned as to my future conduct'.

A few mates witnessed this and felt the officer was going a bit too far, so when they asked another PC how to complain they were told to "f%&k off back to London" and "why would I want to help you?".

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sao Paulo Shrimper @ Dec. 21 2005,12:53)]I know the PC brigade on this board are going to be moaning about this one but i was wondering, with the over zealous police looking to gain brownie points with the chief inspector, has anyone been arrested at football and what for?

I was pinched in 99 against Doncaster in the cup outside the Golden Lion after an altercation with a few dozen notherners but was found not guilty by a jury of 12 at Chelmsford crown court and rightly so as it was self defence
wink.gif

Any other stories?
Rochdale away
wink.gif

Fulham away years ago. Forcibly dragged away into the Portacabin for "gesticulating in a masturbatory fashion", towards one of our very own (I even think it may have been my beloved Roy McDonut) for missing an absolute sitter from inside the six yard box.

In the end I wasn't nicked but was thrown (literally) out of the ground whereupon I proceeded to watch the rest of the match from the top of a tree behind the away end. Suffice to say by the end of the match there were about half a dozen of us.

Other than that ORM has generally been a good little boy (some would call me a wuss) despite a few interesting incidents over the years.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LITTLEMAN @ Dec. 22 2005,19:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sao Paulo Shrimper @ Dec. 21 2005,12:53)]I know the PC brigade on this board are going to be moaning about this one but i was wondering, with the over zealous police looking to gain brownie points with the chief inspector, has anyone been arrested at football and what for?

wink.gif

Any other stories?
Rochdale away  
wink.gif
"Hello Batman.. just a bit of good news, Robin has been de-arrested, but we feel he should be warned on the fact the tights were very revealling"

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 22 2005,23:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (LITTLEMAN @ Dec. 22 2005,19:26)]
[b said:

wink.gif

Any other stories?
Rochdale away  
wink.gif
"Hello Batman.. just a bit of good news, Robin has been de-arrested, but we feel he should be warned on the fact the tights were very revealling"

tounge.gif
A truly classic moment!!

laugh.gif

Cambridgeshire Constabulary again.....

They allowed me to get in the pub 4 hours before kickoff.

They deliberately let me into the ground while I was drunk, where was their Health and Safety training?

There was only a little wall, so easy to step over, hadn't they heard of Justice Taylor?

They allowed lots of scantily clad men to run around on a perfect inviting greensward just asking for me to join in.

And when I did they nicked me!

B'stards!

To be fair, it appears that my initial post was innacurate as most posters haven't included anything about fighting.
My initial impression was that this this post would develop ( as it has done in the past ) into a " i smacked a Darlo supporter and cut him with a knife are'nt i a real fan" etc.
My moan is about banning threads on football violence, but this thread in retrospect is relatively harmless, and deals with pitch invasions and gestures etc.

I still stand firmly behind ceasing glorification of football violence on any site, especially one i enjoy like this one.
Having worked in the justice systems and Forensic services for many years ( including Broadmoor Hospital ) i can assure you that most thugs that i have dealt with have had some form of personality disorder, psychopathic traits and anger issues inc juvenile conduct problems. From my point of view when you admit to engaging in soccer violence you give away more than you realize about yourself.

My fee is $600 per session if you want an initial assessment

blues.gif

Back