• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nicky Bailey.

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers šŸ¤ ā­
Right, I didn't go last night, and want to keep away from the doom and gloom of the result and apparent performance. But remember we are 4 points off the play off with a game in hand.

Anyways, onto the subject. How good is Nicky Bailey. The boy impresses me even more everytime I see him. No only his all action displays and the goals, but what really impresses me is his football brain.

Bailey stays back at corners, mainly because his not an ariel threat, but when Hammell was about and taking corners. When it was cleared and the defence was on its way back, he dropped into the space left by Hammell. Also, when Barrett missed his diving header against Hartlepool on saturday, Bailey was covering at centre half. He spots things like that before anybody else, sometimes quicker than the opposing team. Bar Eastwood, Bailey has been Tilsons' best signing.

Already Bailey is my player of the season, and its going to take something pretty special from somebody else to change that view of mine.

He will be playing Championship football very soon, be that with us or without us. He is the next one to climb the football ladder without us, mark my words...

Spot on... i was thinking the same on the way in. Definitely a championship player

Also our midfield goal-rate is remarkable.
If you consider Gower normally gets about 8-10, and then add McCormack and Bailey... we should be with the right strikers more than a match for anyone in this division

He just gets better and better and covers every blade of grass on the pitch. 9 goals from midfield is a great return.

Fantastic signing.

And I don't think he'll be stuck on nine goals either...

The last midfielder to score more than fifteen goals was Ricky Otto, I believe... I think young Nicky can beat that.

He just gets better and better and covers every blade of grass on the pitch. 9 goals from midfield is a great return.

Fantastic signing.

Best centre-midfielder I've seen in Southend colours, hopefully he'll stay with us next season and head our promotion charge ;)

He's quite possibly the most complete midfielder I've seen play for SUFC. He's clearly good enough already for the Championship, and I don't think the Prem is beyond his abilities.

Matt

Bailey is immense as was his goal last night. seemed to go in like like slow motion. when i saw him in pre-season he looked ok nothing amazing but has played brilliant this season and got a fair few goals.

going to get his name on the back on my shirt. lol

Oh Nicky Bailey, you are the love of my life oh Nicky Bailey, I'd let you shag my wife, oh nicky bailey....

Love it.

see this is exaclty where we all get to higher expectations.

Best midfielder to play for southend. PLEASE!!!!!

he is a great player at this level, but by no means will he be good enough to hold a permanenant place at a championship side at this time in his career. And the premier league he has no chance. All you need to do is look a the players in the centre of the park at every premier league team and most of them are 10 times better than bailey is at least!

I love nicky bailey i think he is a great player!!! but this just shows how stupid we all are, we get one player that is good enough at this level and we say he could play in the premier and this is why we should be playing in the championship. The reality is we are not good enough at the moment bailey is sticking out like a sore thumb coz the rest of them just arent good enough.

I seem to remember stating that Bailey was the only pre-season signing of yours that I was jealous of. I stand by that...

I said to a mate on the 1st game bailey played in a blues shirt he wont be with us long,the boy oozes quality and will get snapped up by sum championshiop club im sure

see this is exaclty where we all get to higher expectations.

Best midfielder to play for southend. PLEASE!!!!!

he is a great player at this level, but by no means will he be good enough to hold a permanenant place at a championship side at this time in his career. And the premier league he has no chance. All you need to do is look a the players in the centre of the park at every premier league team and most of them are 10 times better than bailey is at least!

I love nicky bailey i think he is a great player!!! but this just shows how stupid we all are, we get one player that is good enough at this level and we say he could play in the premier and this is why we should be playing in the championship. The reality is we are not good enough at the moment bailey is sticking out like a sore thumb coz the rest of them just arent good enough.

I actually think he could hold down a place a t a Championship side but I'm not sure about the Premiership at all. He's not either quick/strong/technical enough for the Premiership. Then again, Steve Sidwell managed to get a move to Chelsea so maybe there is hope yet.

The best thing about Bailey is that you honestly believe that he doesn't aspire for any level other than the best he can perform to. I doubt he craves a move up the divisions but then I wouldn't be surprised if he left at the first opportunity to play a higher level of football.

He really does read the game excellently. I'm hoping we can hang on to him for another season and help his game develop - I'm sure Tilson would love to build a team around him and McCormack judging by the current Maher saga.

Yep, I can't see Bailey being with us next season unless we go up - his reading of the game is quite astonishing for a player at this level. The only plus side is we should make a very, very tidy profit on him.

Bailey, what a mental goal. Just seen it on BBC sports after the news tonight.

Get in there Bailey and keep scoring like that....

Back