• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nicky Bailey

I had the pleasure (most on here would say otherwise) of a 15 minute chat with Nicky Bailey on the underground this morning. He is just back from injury and travelling to Scotland this morning to play in a match tomorrow for Sutton United. Though it wasn't mentioned directly, his unpopularity was discussed. He's not a Ron fan it seems. He "didn't want to leave", but Ron was quibbling over £100 a week and it pi**ed him off. He'd just bought a house in Rochford and was settled here.

I got the impression he's upset that he has always been cast as the villain (though his actions when playing for Millwall versus us didn't help his cause (we didn't discuss that!)). Likewise when he missed the deciding penalty in Charlton's play-off game (and therefore unpopular with Charlton fans too), he said that he never spoke to a member of the club throughout the summer break and then was transferred to Boro without any contact from anyone.

We talked about the gap in levels between the football and national league's and said that it's being broached slowly. He was very complimentary of some of the less famous teams like Harrogate and Fylde.

He said he's still keen to play on for the time-being but is looking to progress with his coaching badges. He said that he always look's out for his old clubs' results and would like to see Southend do well.

He's not as ginger nor overweight as I remember in recent years!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quality player for us and I think the vitriol towards him when he left was completely over the top. Thanks for posting Dazza

Dropping like he's been shot, when having not been touched, resulting in our player being sent off, tremendous acting yes, but ultimately a tremendous ****!

I rarely boo returning former players, but Bailey's the exception, the fact that I rated him highly when he was with us makes it even worse.

Thankfully, it's unlikely he'll play at Roots Hall again.

An O's mate of mine said that Bailey behaved like a pr*ck after their game Saturday and was removed from the bar

An O's mate of mine said that Bailey behaved like a pr*ck after their game Saturday and was removed from the bar

Once an arse always an arse....Never liked the player. He always thought he was bigger than what he actually was.

Last edited:
But even now a very good player—I gather he was highly influential in inflicting O’s first defeat on Saturday.

But even now a very good player—I gather he was highly influential in inflicting O’s first defeat on Saturday.

Think he's very hit and miss these days, I've seen him a couple of times for Sutton and he was pretty anonymous. Guess that is why he is playing down at that level now, lost his consistency

Read some of the replies and says a lot about the class of the guy I think. Would be very surprised if he didn't instigate the whole thing.

**** me, I got bored after about 100 replies. In the words of Ricky Gervais, “I should’ve left it”.

Back