• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nicolas Anelka

Not sure if he's racist, he's definitely an idiot for sticking up for his friend who clearly is a racist though.

He is? He denies hating Jews and his first stage partner was Jewish.

He is? He denies hating Jews and his first stage partner was Jewish.

Pretty much every reasonable French journalist has said that M'bala is anti-semitic. He has been convicted in court eight times on anti-semitism charges.

Even if he's NOT racist/anti-semitic, then defending a guy with his track-record at offending Jews and being convicted of anti-semitism is still pretty bloody stupid.

I don't think it is the first thing Anelka has done that can be classed as stupid. Even though he still played for some top clubs like Real Madrid, Chelsea and Arsenal I still think he could have been a world class player.

IMO politics should never come into football.

The chap who owns them is Jewish. You can hardly blame him for withdrawing financial support if one of the players on the team he sponsors makes anti Semitic gestures.

Fully appreciate the moral stance by Zoopla's owner, although it has to be said, the amount of press coverage they've got from this move hasn't exactly harmed them either.

Fully appreciate the moral stance by Zoopla's owner, although it has to be said, the amount of press coverage they've got from this move hasn't exactly harmed them either.

Exactly. The amount of press they received yesterday by announcing that they were to end their deal with West Brom when it was due to end anyway was astounding. The PR at Zoopla can expect a sizeable bonus in the wake of this I'd expect. Masterfully played.

Oh Nasri ....

BebuwufIIAEynH6.jpg

Le Sulk will only think it it because he is discriminated against and won't think on the actions he and others take. Too much money, too little brain. I hope he decides to go and play in China again.

5 match ban, 80k fine and virtually sacked by Albion.

I am ignorant and never heard or ever seen the gesture until He did it.Seems way over the top to me.

Le Sulk will only think it it because he is discriminated against and won't think on the actions he and others take. Too much money, too little brain. I hope he decides to go and play in China again.

Yes but he has to go on a compulsory course to learn about his actions. I'm sure he that will be really worthwhile.

Not everybody can be as smart and smug as you!

That's not the point. If you admit to being ignorant then don't offer an opinion until you have done some kind of research. You didn't even have to work that hard as I had already posted a link for you.

5 match ban, 80k fine and virtually sacked by Albion.

I am ignorant and never heard or ever seen the gesture until He did it.Seems way over the top to me.

I reckon the vast majority of people in the UK (myself included) had never heard of the quenelle before this case. But that doesn't mean Anelka should have escaped a severe punishment. He knew full well what it meant and chose to use it. Also, by doing so, he gave oxygen to the fools who think this is a clever thing to do.

Back