• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nicolau

lee_sufc

Coach
After the past couple of games I have to say I am very impressed with Nicolau; he looks like a quality player.  Only thing is - I think he should be a midfielder as he is quite small for a defender.  Don't get me wrong - he looks fine in defence but I just think he could be more effective in midfield.

Does anyone here think the same?

He's alright but I wouldn't be gutted if we didn't sign him. Good going forward but his defending aint solid enough. My guess is that (first half of the season aside) we probably were conceding less goals when Che or Stuart was left-back. I don't expect many people to agree...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 21 2004,10:25)]He's alright but I wouldn't be gutted if we didn't sign him.   Good going forward but his defending aint solid enough. My guess is that (first half of the season aside) we probably were conceding less goals when Che or Stuart was left-back. I don't expect many people to agree...
"Che Wilson"?  Are you mad?  
tounge.gif

I do not think Wilson deserves a new contract - if he does get one it will only be so he can be used as backup in a number of positions.  As for conceding less goal with him in defence I would have to disagree.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 21 2004,10:25)]I don't expect many people to agree...
You're not wrong there... Che Wilson has been the singularly most unimpressive player to have turned out at Roots Hall since Rio Alderton, IMHO...

ghostface.gif

Matt

Personally i cant see him signing for us at all, i reckon he will go back to Arsenal at the end of the season.

I also think Stuart is useless and Che Wilson isnt much better so we definately need to sign a decent left back in the summer.

I think we either need to sign him up on a season long loan for next season or get him in for a sum or on a free could become a great left back/wing back/midfielder but i personnally think we should play 3 across the back and have Jupp and Nickolou in wingbackas then we can use them both more attacking!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ April 21 2004,10:37)]I think we either need to sign him up on a season long loan for next season or get him in for a sum or on a free
Glad you cleared that one up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ April 21 2004,10:35)]Personally i cant see him signing for us at all, i reckon he will go back to Arsenal at the end of the season.

I also think Stuart is useless and Che Wilson isnt much better so we definately need to sign a decent left back in the summer.
I think Stuart is OK.  He has a few bad games but I think he is getting better each time I have seen him.  He also looked quite strong last night and would like to see him stay!

east stand drummer boy - we tried the wingback thing under Newman for a while - it didnt work for me as it ended up with effectively 5 at the back, an over stretched midfield and ineffective use of the width. Stick with 4-4-2, its what players know and seeing as most of them are not exactly einstein its best not to confuse 'em too much!
rock.gif

Like the idea of the three at the back as that would allow mark gower to play in a free role behind duddfield and connie!!

As for nicolau, i think he looks like a quality player! Remember he is still young, but already looks comfortable! my only fault of him is that he needs to learn to put his boot through it more when defending in the box!!

Back