• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nike Sponsor

I think Nike will be reasonably pleased with the brand exposure over the season.  When the contracts were signed I don't think Nike would have expected us to appear in a national final and be shown a couple of times on Sky.  Plus the club has had some good news/PR coverage over the season.

Plus not forgetting the cut Nike would have taken from the sales of the commenrative silver shirts.

Any truth in the rumour that we maybe returning to blue & white stripes next season?

Perhaps the club could involve the fans and poll the supporters if we want a return to the stripes ??

Yep i agree with that, a poll should be made for the design of the new shirt, after all we are the ones who have to fork out £40 to get one!!. Maybe Nike and the club can come up with a few ideas for the new shirt and we all pick our favourite one, soccer am seem to do this every season...

Sorry but when apart from a short time in the sixties have we been a club that plays in stripes?
Arsenal wouldn't change to red & white stripes nor would Liverpool. Don't suppose B&H Albion would want a plain blue shirt either. Why should we switch?

Nike are so pleased with the increase in global brand recognition that they have enjoyed since the LDV vans final that they have cancelled the their contracts with Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Thierry Henry and myself.

I have also heard that they are going to pull the Brazil/Portugal 'Ole' advert because their global target demographic of early to mid teenagers identify more with Drewe Broughton and Che Wilson.

Stay Lucky!

Ronaldo.

I for one hope that Nike stay as our kit supplier, and that the new kit (as I am sure that a new one is produced) is again Navy Blue - maybe with white shorts and socks to make it unique?
rock.gif

NIKE DO NOT SUPPLY SOUTHEND THEY SUPPLY THE WHOLESALER WHO SUPPLIES SOUTHEND.JUST THE SAME AS I COULD OR ANY OTHER KIT SUPPLIER IN THE COUNTRY.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 27 2004,16:24)]NIKE DO NOT SUPPLY SOUTHEND THEY SUPPLY THE WHOLESALER WHO SUPPLIES SOUTHEND.JUST THE SAME AS I COULD OR ANY OTHER KIT SUPPLIER IN THE COUNTRY.
Dont upset them all Tone, you will be telling them santa doesnt exist next.
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ April 27 2004,16:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 27 2004,16:24)]NIKE DO NOT SUPPLY SOUTHEND THEY SUPPLY THE WHOLESALER WHO SUPPLIES SOUTHEND.JUST THE SAME AS I COULD OR ANY OTHER KIT SUPPLIER IN THE COUNTRY.
Dont upset them all Tone, you will be telling them santa doesnt exist next.  
blues.gif
The tooth fairy already told me about Santa..
sad.gif

[b said:
Without sparking a wholesale accounting argument, who the hell makes the markup on the kit in the middle then? Surely Nike must realise the opportunity here!

They should have 6 or so different kit designs in the programme for next season and we should vote for them, like in the macclesfield programme at the end of last season that way the fans get what they want. I know someone suggested this earlier but i think its the best option.
do we still have the same kit sponsors next season?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keir_smith @ April 27 2004,17:00)]They should have 6 or so different kit designs in the programme for next season and we should vote for them, like in the macclesfield programme at the end of last season that way the fans get what they want. I know someone suggested this earlier but i think its the best option.
do we still have the same kit sponsors next season?
<span style='font-family:COMIC SANS MS'>A phone vote in the programme? A novel idea...

What shirt would you like? Duncan Jupp or Lewis Hunt.

Don&#39;t worry, it&#39;ll be the same number anyway....</span>

Id prefer not to keep Nike as its so impersonal,

It would be nice if we could get someone like Patrick or Admiral to come in and put some effort into doing a sportswear line for us.

Back