• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nike Sponsor

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ April 27 2004,17:16)]Id prefer not to keep Nike as its so impersonal,

It would be nice if we could get someone like Patrick or Admiral to come in and put some effort into doing a sportswear line for us.
Shut UP you bloody fool.

Do you think Patrick/Admiral kits are hand emboidered by craftsmen using skills passed down from father to sone over countless generations? Each shirt a labour of love that when completed is celebrated by the local townsfolk with dancing and merriment.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ April 27 2004,17:16)]Id prefer not to keep Nike as its so impersonal,

It would be nice if we could get someone like Patrick or Admiral to come in and put some effort into doing a sportswear line for us.
Obviously Nike's sports scientists have not put Tes Bramble in a wind tunnel and designed a shirt specifically for the requirements of seaside town third division football.

Who cares? I am willing to bet that the club has sold significantly more shirts this year (especially amongst adolescents such as yourself) simply because they have got the Nike swoosh on them. It's all money in the bank and at least this season we have paid cash for the likes of Gower, Dudfield and Bentley.

Whatever happened to good old Spall?

Their kits brought us quite a bit of luck over the years didnt they, and the shorts would look great on the cheeky girls next week.

I would like to see the return of Beaver Sports.

They have been a bit quiet on the sportswear/fashion scene recently.

The kit I'm not to bothered with really. All I want to see is the adding of a little yellow in there somewhere not as far as the splat, but just a little trim somewhere. That new badge aswell has no yellow in it as a fan of yellow I'm deeply suicidal right at this moment! BRING BACK YELLOW!
mad.gif
wow.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ April 28 2004,11:54)]new badge aswell has no yellow in it as a fan of yellow I'm deeply suicidal right at this moment! BRING BACK YELLOW!
Because the old badge, with lots of yellow in it, is the Intellectual Property of one Mr. V. Jobson (and his estate) - meaning that with every bit of merchandise the club sold, it would still have to pay a royalty to Uncle Vic & family.

Frankly, I'd rather the club logo were a dog-sh*t stapled to our shirt - it'd be preferable to having to pay Uncle Victor a penny.

ghostface.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 28 2004,12:04)]Frankly, I'd rather the club logo were a dog-sh*t stapled to our shirt - it'd be preferable to having to pay Uncle Victor a penny.
You could be onto something there, would the opposition think twice about tackling our players if they were running round with dog-sh*t on their chests?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 28 2004,12:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 28 2004,12:04)]Frankly, I'd rather the club logo were a dog-sh*t stapled to our shirt - it'd be preferable to having to pay Uncle Victor a penny.
You could be onto something there, would the opposition think twice about tackling our players if they were running round with dog-sh*t on their chests?
Possibly... although presumably the stools would need to be freeze-dried prior to application, or else the logo (renamed "the log") would melt in rainy conditions.

The other difficulty would be the opportunities that away fans would have to poke fun at us in chants...

"Dog-sh*t, and you know you are
Dog-sh*t, and you know you are..."

ghostface.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 28 2004,12:14)]The other difficulty would be the opportunities that away fans would have to poke fun at us in chants...

"Dog-sh*t, and you know you are
Dog-sh*t, and you know you are..."
Alternatively, we could chant....

we're poo, but we're beating you,
we're poo but we're beating you

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ April 28 2004,09:04)]I would like to see the return of Beaver Sports.

I'm too busy working for the Trust to turn out sportswear anymore.

biggrin.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 28 2004,12:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ April 28 2004,11:54)]new badge aswell has no yellow in it as a fan of yellow I'm deeply suicidal right at this moment! BRING BACK YELLOW!
Because the old badge, with lots of yellow in it, is the Intellectual Property of one Mr. V. Jobson (and his estate) - meaning that with every bit of merchandise the club sold, it would still have to pay a royalty to Uncle Vic & family.

Frankly, I'd rather the club logo were a dog-sh*t stapled to our shirt - it'd be preferable to having to pay Uncle Victor a penny.

ghostface.gif

Matt
Spoil Sport. Well let's do something yellow how about we get together with Narge and have a lovefest!
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ April 28 2004,09:04)]Whatever happened to good old Spall?

Their kits brought us quite a bit of luck over the years didnt they, and the shorts would look great on the cheeky girls next week.

I would like to see the return of Beaver Sports.

May be the Cheeky girls should wear Beaver?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ April 27 2004,16:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ April 27 2004,16:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 27 2004,16:24)]NIKE DO NOT SUPPLY SOUTHEND THEY SUPPLY THE WHOLESALER WHO SUPPLIES SOUTHEND.JUST THE SAME AS I COULD OR ANY OTHER KIT SUPPLIER IN THE COUNTRY.
Dont upset them all Tone, you will be telling them santa doesnt exist next.  
blues.gif
The tooth fairy already told me about Santa..    
sad.gif
Why? What have the tooth fairy and Santa been getting up to?

Back