• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile Ranger done deal

I hope nile proves the doubters wrong. I'd love to see him come back hit the ground running and score goals that keep us up. Because at the end of the day I want us to stay up. Yes its not ideal. Yes it could go disastrously wrong. But we are bottom. Transfer deadline is on Monday. We have **** all money. Really who are we getting for nothing before then who is a better player, forget the person he is remembered as. It is possible the penny has dropped and he has changed. He is after all a player who was good enough to play in the premier league he is young enough to still have some legs and life in him. Yes it could be a disaster. But it could just turn out that it keeps us in the football league. If that happens then great. If not, we don't have a lot more to lose at this point. I'm hoping it turns out to he the thing that saves us.

If this is true, it's blatantly a Ron signing, just as Macca was, possibly Hart too. And I think it was recently confirmed that Mohsni was also contacted. MM has my sympathy on this one.
No- Moshni agent contacted us, just like Harts agent did. This fiction that Ron goes around phoning ex players agents is rubbish. Hart needed a club, he loved his time here and his agent phoned Ron. What’s Ron going to do- he hands it over to the manager.

Desperate. If we were going to sign him, sign him in December. We’ve obviously missed out on every other target.

To be fair (which no one is generally remotely bothered about) he was not anywhere near fit enough. Possibly a week or so ago but then who knows who of their targets was still alive and kicking ( although in my opinion we need a couple up front anyway)

Last edited:
Is not just Nile that needs to have learnt a lesson Ron does too. Lets hope he doesn't overrule the manager this time......The irony is we are having Ranger back because the mess he left was the start our slide into non league.`

This is entirely down to Ron. Not that it is him insisting on the signing, but the fact that we have zero money and the worst reputation in the football league. Add to that fact we are bottom of league 2.

Every other striking target has refused to sign for us, therefore we have no choice but to sign Ranger.

Last edited:
Interesting article there in the times, seems as though he thinks he should be given that final chance. If it happens I hope it results in us staying in the league.

I hope nile proves the doubters wrong. I'd love to see him come back hit the ground running and score goals that keep us up. Because at the end of the day I want us to stay up. Yes its not ideal. Yes it could go disastrously wrong. But we are bottom. Transfer deadline is on Monday. We have **** all money. Really who are we getting for nothing before then who is a better player, forget the person he is remembered as. It is possible the penny has dropped and he has changed. He is after all a player who was good enough to play in the premier league he is young enough to still have some legs and life in him. Yes it could be a disaster. But it could just turn out that it keeps us in the football league. If that happens then great. If not, we don't have a lot more to lose at this point. I'm hoping it turns out to he the thing that saves us.
Good morning, Mrs Ranger.
I'm wondering whether the family of the old woman your son helped defraud has forgotten the person 'he is remembered as'?
His rap sheet, provided elsewhere and stretching the length of an online page suggested he spat at all those who gave him another chance, and another chance.
Should he score 10 hat-tricks in a row, there would be something tainted about someone doing it for our club.
At least it clears any delusion on our standing in the football world.

Beggars can’t be choosers - sadly that’s the reality for SUFC. If Mr Ranger comes in and delivers maybe we can attract someone else for next year but as for this season we are in the last chance saloon

Back