• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile Ranger done deal

At last - Publicly confirmed it happened!! The management of announcements is a bit rubbish in my mind! They treat fans as though we're a top ftse listed company that can't announce things until prescribed times.

Can't get my head around this at all.

Even looking only at a sporting, football level, he's overweight and not played a professional game for 3 years.

What really bugs me is that he was the cause of the downfall under Phil Brown which Ron constantly points to as where everything went wrong.

Screams of complete desperation, but I guess that's where we are now.

At last - Publicly confirmed it happened!! The management of announcements is a bit rubbish in my mind! They treat fans as though we're a top ftse listed company that can't announce things until prescribed times.
I would imagine it was only announced today because the EFL list got dug up yesterday...

Try and stay with me on this thought.........

In west London sky sport documentary teams are being put on standby. Executives have read the stories coming out of Roots Hall AND just know it has all the makings of the most fascinating fly on the wall TV about professional football of all time.
Seriously you could not make it all up.

Try and stay with me on this thought.........

In west London sky sport documentary teams are being put on standby. Executives have read the stories coming out of Roots Hall AND just know it has all the makings of the most fascinating fly on the wall TV about professional football of all time.
Seriously you could not make it all up.

Here’s one for you, it’s called.... there’s a Rhino loose in the city!!!!!

34CCA8E3-D28F-4970-AF96-4839A428DD17.jpeg

Personally, I’m delighted. We’re desperate for some help up front & despite the improvement of late, still quite possible we will go down if we don’t try something. Worth it in my book.

Out of interest how do you know this?
He doesn’t, nobody does apart from MM and I for one trust his judgement. I will let the Ranger on the pitch do the talking and IMO a month-by-month contract is a very sensible deal and we know what Ranger is capable of when he is playing well. Risk worth taking, if he’s **** and a trouble maker get rid, but I have hope that he may have turned a corner.

He doesn’t, nobody does apart from MM and I for one trust his judgement. I will let the Ranger on the pitch do the talking and IMO a month-by-month contract is a very sensible deal and we know what Ranger is capable of when he is playing well. Risk worth taking, if he’s **** and a trouble maker get rid, but I have hope that he may have turned a corner.
Quite- he has been training hard for weeks and once he is training next week he is going to be considered for selection. So a professional like MM knows he's fit enough. People say his unfit and overweight- who knows he's overweight? Whether its Ron or Nile- if they don't like the person then the facts aren't allowed to get in the way of the story.

Quite- he has been training hard for weeks and once he is training next week he is going to be considered for selection. So a professional like MM knows he's fit enough. People say his unfit and overweight- who knows he's overweight? Whether its Ron or Nile- if they don't like the person then the facts aren't allowed to get in the way of the story.

Or, again playing devil’s advocate.. it’s one thing being “in shape” and completely another thing being match fit. The bloke hasn’t played for 3 years. It’s going to take him a while to get up to speed no matter what physical condition he is in. Whether I like the bloke or not.. I’ve made it no secret that I don’t, it doesn’t change the fact that he isn’t going to be able to come in straight away when we need him and play to the best of whatever ability he has left.

Back