• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile Ranger done deal

I'll repeat what I've said already! Find me a better striker at this level!

Hes played In the prem,played for a big club,scored goals,is a handful!! Also have u heard the saying? Form is temporary class is permanent

David Nugent played and scored for England and is playing in this league. I’d quite happily list all the current league two strikers I’d rather have over Nile but quite honestly I haven’t the time. What I will say though is this, either you are Nile himself trying to convince us that you aren’t over the hill after spending 3 years out of the professional game or you have some strange liking for the bloke given the constant excitement you post with since it was rumoured about his return.

I hope, and I mean I really hope that Nile has turned the corner off the pitch, gets back match fit and scores a goal or two. I’ll quite happily admit to being wrong and judging him on his past but in my opinion this will end the same way it’s always ended when Nile Ranger is involved.

David Nugent played and scored for England and is playing in this league. I’d quite happily list all the current league two strikers I’d rather have over Nile but quite honestly I haven’t the time. What I will say though is this, either you are Nile himself trying to convince us that you aren’t over the hill after spending 3 years out of the professional game or you have some strange liking for the bloke.
Hes 29?? He done well for us in league 1.Problems off the pitch have taken away hours of playing time on the pitch.But he can play and hes what we need for league 2!! And anyones better then aquah

Yes he was punished and everyone in society deserves another chance. Or another and another and another chance. But he should go and prove his new self in some other role than football. A doctor would be struck off. A nurse would be binned.

It seems if you are an offender you can carry on being a footballer or a priest. Sadly both have had an inverse influence on children.

No they wouldn't.

REVEALED: Over 1,000 UK medics have a criminal past - but are ALLOWED to keep treating

Unsuspecting patients are not told that their doctor could have been sentenced in court for anything from sex attacks to fraud.

His age isn’t the problem, it’s the 3 years his been out of the game.. it’s the well documented off field problems he has.
He was born with natural talent to play football like most players! He may be a bit rusty but will get up too speed,and he briefly signed for a non league side.

I remember in his last spell with us (after prison?) he was well below match fit for a period but had enough skill and presence to cause problems even for just part of the game

I think blues fans forget hes been training for the last 2 months!! Blimey he must be pretty fit by now!.

Hes 29?? He done well for us in league 1.Problems off the pitch have taken away hours of playing time on the pitch.But he can play and hes what we need for league 2!! And anyones better then aquah

He's not played league football for three years too

Ranger footballing ability will still be their. Match fitness will come with game time. I think MM will ease him in starting with forest green with 20 minutes cameo.

A point I’ve made several times as well but so far have only been told “he was born with a natural talent to play football”..
Truth is nobody knows til he steps out onto that pitch. Would probably include Nile in that. He’ll definitely be a target for L2 centre halves. Nobody has a bloody clue how good he still is.

Why keep on saying “he hasn’t played league football for 3 years” ? We keep hearing that we should look at non league talent , and they haven’t played league football ever.

Why keep on saying “he hasn’t played league football for 3 years” ? We keep hearing that we should look at non league talent , and they haven’t played league football ever.

Surely I don’t have to explain to you the difference between a player playing non league football for the last 3 years apposed to someone who hasn’t played any football for 3 years.. you do see the difference don’t you?

Surely I don’t have to explain to you the difference between a player playing non league football for the last 3 years apposed to someone who hasn’t played any football for 3 years.. you do see the difference don’t you?
But Nile has played football, this season in fact. He's also been training with us for over 2 months and meeting all the targets set, it's not like he's been sat on the sofa watching netflix eating kfc

Back