• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Nile Ranger not ready for Southend United return

I presumed this would be for the game against Forest Green on Wednesday.

Looks to relate to him not being ready for Saturday.

Is that this Saturday coming against Salford City or is this the Echo re-posting comments from MM spoken last week with the comments referring to the game against Bolton??

Typical modern day manager with no bollocks! Dont worry, badship and achuah will bang the goals in which we need to stay up.

Cobblers ..

I reckon this is MM way of keeping up the impression he is control ..

"I know you are RMs best mate and dying to play but I don't think you are ready yet."

Did any of you actually read the article for context?

Probably not, it's much easier just to bash MM because their fanboy isn't playing rather than actually listening to watch the manager is saying. Not only has Ranger not played for years at this level but he is also recovering from an injury.. but sure, it's because MM has no bollocks as to why he won't just throw him in tomorrow night.

He is training and very close. He says Sat may be too soon. So if not Sat then the following game? It is frustrating not least of the current mentality of trying to keep a clean sheet and nick games by the odd goal. A clear going out of the league strategy if I ever saw one.

Given we now have 5 subs who have to assume he is talking about the calf rather than overall fitness other it would be insane not to have him on the bench.

Then if he has what was described as a very minor calf problem and he is now back in training you would wonder why on earth he could make at least the bench on Sat....maybe he will.

Hopefully he will start with Holmes tomorrow so at least there is at least some goal threat other from free kicks and corners - imagine starting a game with someone who can shoot, it'll almost feel like cheating...

Probably not, it's much easier just to bash MM because their fanboy isn't playing rather than actually listening to watch the manager is saying. Not only has Ranger not played for years at this level but he is also recovering from an injury.. but sure, it's because MM has no bollocks as to why he won't just throw him in tomorrow night.

why not bash MM - we are bottom of the league - have an enormous squad and for some reason our support prefers to scapegoat Emile Acquah ..

I accept its probably too late change the management and he seems like a lovely bloke in difficult circumstances BUT please do excuse me for not being completely overwhelmed

why not bash MM - we are bottom of the league - have an enormous squad and for some reason our support prefers to scapegoat Emile Acquah ..

I accept its probably too late change the management and he seems like a lovely bloke in difficult circumstances BUT please do excuse me for not being completely overwhelmed

I'm not overwhelmed either and there are plenty of things MM has done and continues to do that leaves me questioning why but right the person I was replying to finds the fact that a bloke who hasn't played football for 3 years and is currently recovering from injury enough reason to label the bloke as a "modern day manager talking bollocks".. whatever the f that means.

As his on a monthly contract & currently injured, i presume this contract doesn't commence until March?.
He was signed on a contract a while ago and will be getting paid injured or not. He has been coming in regularly like everyone else since Dec and at some point we will have started paying him something. He is not living at home but locally (which is good) but he has to be paid to live like everyone else.

It is certainly not Acquah's fault he is the only "target man" type forward at the club. He should be one of four or five forwards and one of at least two who can fulfil that "target man" role. He should be backing up what we have and learning his trade- due to the above expectations are unrealistic resulting in criticism that is unfair.

MMs interviews/statements are increasingly strange, hes starting to rival Colin Murphy! But if he can bring another Stan the man to the club all will be forgiven.

Back