• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile Ranger

well rigsbyi have read what you said and have changed my opinion I was wrong and will always apologise if I have please accept

You don't have to apologise to me Norman. I can always defend my opinions and good debate is what a decent forum should always encourage. Yes I shouldn't have said that last bit but its probably down to hearing to many stories lately (more today at Hullbridge today ) about players taking the p*** out of all of us. So when I hear the name Ranger it just winds me up.

I'll put my hands up and admit against the advice of one of my most trusted friends, I defended Ranger at the start. After all I was at Sheff U that night we won 3-0. When he came back from injury we climbed the table and it was a fantastic run until Christmas. Its only natural to want whats best for our team.

Then I started to here the stories and realised he was never going to change. Then you have to admit to yourself that actually just because you want an end result, there are times in life where the method is just not acceptable.

The most disappointing thing I heard was from a local printer where Nile got stuff done to give to his family and crew. They told me it was always pictures from his Newcastle days and in fact he didn't give a F*** about Southend.........What more can I say....Except no hard feelings and hope we win tomorrow as that will cheer us all up

People with the character (lack of) Nile are so dangerous, they can be SO good, charming and NORMAL, yet their real soul is always in them and awaiting it's next showing of destruction to others and self harm. They live their lives in a repeating cycle of mayhem, magic and chaos AND inflict that on others that cross their path. They deceive and confuse people that want to help them and ultimately self harm and have no remorse.
Sad but true.

Underneath it all was a gifted footballer who wasted his talent. Massimo is right, there was this nice, gentle charming side to him, but underneath the surface, the badass gangsta surrounded by gang life and drugs. He would boast to other players that he had been at a party all night in London. Why do you think he was consistently late for training, and then would sleep afterwards by his own admission. He probably played the gangsta whilst inside prison by the sounds of it. He had to choose football or Wood Green gang, he chose both, and lost football.

What a ridiculous post, you’d rather see us in non league than sign Nile Ranger. There have been plenty of players over the years I haven’t like or hated but at the end of the day if the manager and chairman think they’re good enough to help us push forward then I’ll support them. When Ranger first came he was outstanding if a little unfit. If we could get a fit Ranger we would have one hell of a player. I’d be interested to see how Powell would’ve dealt with him and I have a feeling he would thrive under Campbell.

You support Southend United doesn’t mean you have to agree with the players or the manager that are signed. But to say you’d be off if we signed Ranger is a little extreme.

Bit like when Waddock was in charge and posters wouldn’t go to watch the club whilst he was in charge, ridiculous really

You don't have to apologise to me Norman. I can always defend my opinions and good debate is what a decent forum should always encourage. Yes I shouldn't have said that last bit but its probably down to hearing to many stories lately (more today at Hullbridge today ) about players taking the p*** out of all of us. So when I hear the name Ranger it just winds me up.

I'll put my hands up and admit against the advice of one of my most trusted friends, I defended Ranger at the start. After all I was at Sheff U that night we won 3-0. When he came back from injury we climbed the table and it was a fantastic run until Christmas. Its only natural to want whats best for our team.

Then I started to here the stories and realised he was never going to change. Then you have to admit to yourself that actually just because you want an end result, there are times in life where the method is just not acceptable.

The most disappointing thing I heard was from a local printer where Nile got stuff done to give to his family and crew. They told me it was always pictures from his Newcastle days and in fact he didn't give a F*** about Southend.........What more can I say....Except no hard feelings and hope we win tomorrow as that will cheer us all up

hello rigsby remember that night at sheff u very well as you say win tomorrow will cheer us up all the best

I don’t generally watch MOTD, but I caught the highlights of the Spurs Sheff Utd game. Chris Wilder’s side played some great football, all this despite them having 4 of the side we demolished 3-0 less than 3 ago. Nile was unplayable that night, just shows what a waster he was and what might have been...

You watch this and see just how quick and alert we were compared to now - I realise I have lost track of just how bad we are right now.

We also know rather more of what went on in prison than most because Kev knows plenty of POs still at Pentonville and we are party to a lot of what went on, and, suffice to say, Ranger didn't exactly cover himself in glory whilst inside either.

Genuine question.

How exactly does one cover themselves in glory whilst inside?

I miss Nile and his fractured view of modern life!

... and his horse!

Genuine question.

How exactly does one cover themselves in glory whilst inside?
It's all about how low you wear your trousers on your hips and what brand of pants you reveal.

Lonsdale and you're toast, Tommy Hilfiger gets you off the hook, G Star Raw and you're **** of the walk, gangsta style.

It's all about how low you wear your trousers on your hips and what brand of pants you reveal.

Lonsdale and you're toast, Tommy Hilfiger gets you off the hook, G Star Raw and you're **** of the walk, gangsta style.

With Marks & Spencer Y fronts I'm **** of the walk Grandad style, my trousers are often low if I forget my braces

Not sure how to feel about this one.

I mean, on the one hand we’re desperate for cheap players, and we all know that on his day, Ranger could be a decent player in Lg2.

But then, on the other hand, it’s hard not to look past the fact that he’s a bit of a ****.

That's both Anton and Ranger who've offered, can't be any worse than what we're doing.

Back