• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile Ranger

No chance. Sadly the only example Nile can set all these young players is how NOT to behave as a professional sportsman. Wouldn't let him within a mile of these impressionable young men. I was all for giving him a chance first time around but he blew it and only has himself to blame. Every other club in the country have had the opportunity to sign him over the last two years - tells you something that they haven't.

Maybe Nile has changed?

Like one of those ex-gang members that find God in prison and then give talks in schools?

No chance. Sadly the only example Nile can set all these young players is how NOT to behave as a professional sportsman. Wouldn't let him within a mile of these impressionable young men. I was all for giving him a chance first time around but he blew it and only has himself to blame. Every other club in the country have had the opportunity to sign him over the last two years - tells you something that they haven't.

I wonder how fit he is these days?

So we get rid of the 'bad eggs' in the dressing room in Jan but people think it's a good idea to get in the worst egg in our history?!

Wow! Desperation does strange things to people!

My take;

Given our current desperate situation I would offer him the chance to train with us, if he's offering his services for nothing then it's not going to impact Ron's finances. If he agrees to train with the team, and proves he can turn up (on time) when requested, work hard, get fit, and - and this is a BIG AND, he stays out of trouble, then maybe...

Additionally I think Sol would be a good mentor for him as they both come from a London estate, but clearly move in totally different directions. But considering the way Sol works and thinks he could potentially connect with Nile and push him in the right direction. Also with the clubs new fitness coach, we would be at least be able to get Nile fit. I see Sol as a deep thinker, and would likely to be able to suss Nile out quickly and decide if he has finally changed. Surely even the dim witted Nile must know this is last chance saloon if he does get offered the opportunity.

Personally, I'd give him a go. There's a decent player in there, if his head is right.

Last edited:
No thanks. Can we move on from him, he's one of the factors that's lead us to where we are now. Besides the guy hasn't played in over 2 years anyway so miles off the fitness level.

I do like Nile but we have a manager who demands absolute discipline and has extremely high standards of professionalism. Complete non-starter

The worst? No.
I think a lot of people get Nile wrong, he certainly isn't an Angel but I was at a Q&A with Ron once where Nile came up in the conversation and Ron stated that Nile was not a troublemaker when people were suggesting it and that it was his lax professionalism that was the problem. Obviously this can create division itself when others feel that somebody is not working as hard as others but I don't think Nile ever got in peoples ears and told them he didn't like other members of the squad and tried to influence them to share his opinion like I have heard about others.

Back