• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile Ranger

He is a troubled man from a troubled way of life. He does however appear to have a particular fondness of the club and has a huge talent.

It can't hurt to have him train and let sol make his own mind up.

He is a troubled man from a troubled way of life. He does however appear to have a particular fondness of the club and has a huge talent.

It can't hurt to have him train and let sol make his own mind up.
He’s got no fondness of our club , just after he left there were stories on here concerning him bad mouthing our club. He’s a low life who defrauds old people and punches girlfriends to name a few , tell him *uck off

I think a lot of people get Nile wrong, he certainly isn't an Angel but I was at a Q&A with Ron once where Nile came up in the conversation and Ron stated that Nile was not a troublemaker when people were suggesting it and that it was his lax professionalism that was the problem. Obviously this can create division itself when others feel that somebody is not working as hard as others but I don't think Nile ever got in peoples ears and told them he didn't like other members of the squad and tried to influence them to share his opinion like I have heard about others.

You're right Ricky, Nile was not a troublemaker or s stirrer amongst the squad in his time at Southend. But he definitely drove a few staff and players mad by turning up late, but worst of all, turning up late after an all night party. So not in a fit state, and by his own admission, would fall asleep after training. Don't forget, it was after a weekend of partying that he was caught out by a random drugs test at Boots&Laces, that he admitted to taking MDMA on the Saturday, and Cocaine on the Sunday. SUFC tried to get him away from his Wood Green gang and London. But they failed. Nile wanted to be a footballer and a gangster at the same time. SUFC gave him more than enough warnings and chances, and he failed miserably. Off the pitch, Nile is a lovely bloke to talk to, but he's his own worst enemy. He finds trouble, or it finds him. He makes bad decisions. Here's an example. The gun is fake, but that's not the point.
nintchdbpict000004540517.jpg

You could say that turning up for training after a weekend taking ecstasy and cocaine demonstrates more not less commitment.

I'm joking, of course.

You're right Ricky, Nile was not a troublemaker or s stirrer amongst the squad in his time at Southend. But he definitely drove a few staff and players mad by turning up late, but worst of all, turning up late after an all night party. So not in a fit state, and by his own admission, would fall asleep after training. Don't forget, it was after a weekend of partying that he was caught out by a random drugs test at Boots&Laces, that he admitted to taking MDMA on the Saturday, and Cocaine on the Sunday. SUFC tried to get him away from his Wood Green gang and London. But they failed. Nile wanted to be a footballer and a gangster at the same time. SUFC gave him more than enough warnings and chances, and he failed miserably. Off the pitch, Nile is a lovely bloke to talk to, but he's his own worst enemy. He finds trouble, or it finds him. He makes bad decisions. Here's an example. The gun is fake, but that's not the point.
nintchdbpict000004540517.jpg
Agree with everything you say there

invite him to training and take it from there. Nothing lost if it turns out the way most think, if it works out for the better then there is a cracking footballer there.

Lets move forward not backwards.

Do we really need him turning up for training with his fake gun talking to all the youth team about snorting coke before training?

I can’t believe this is even being discussed, we are down anyway .. what kind of example to the young players is he? Plus, when was the last time he played a competitive 90 mins?

You could say that turning up for training after a weekend taking ecstasy and cocaine demonstrates more not less commitment.

I'm joking, of course.

I’m not.

After a weekend like that, one can only imagine the monster-sized comedown he would have been on.

And let’s face it, the older you get, those comedowns don’t get any easier.

Personally I applaud anyone who can get out of bed and function, nevermind showing up and playing football.

This isn’t even debatable - we are down, if Nile and Anton and whoever else wants to play for free and try and win a contract we have a few months to suss them out - sign on lads!

I think a lot of people get Nile wrong, he certainly isn't an Angel but I was at a Q&A with Ron once where Nile came up in the conversation and Ron stated that Nile was not a troublemaker when people were suggesting it and that it was his lax professionalism that was the problem. Obviously this can create division itself when others feel that somebody is not working as hard as others but I don't think Nile ever got in peoples ears and told them he didn't like other members of the squad and tried to influence them to share his opinion like I have heard about others.

That’s the issue though. When you put a disruptive element like Ranger into a squad, you’ve got to assess how his presence alone, will affect the rest of that squad, nevermind his behaviour during club hours.

Turning up mashed or late is one thing, but his previous convictions won’t be forgotten so easily.

For example, imagine someone you work with, was outed as having a pretty grim rap sheet. Conning old ladies being one part of that.

We’d all look at them differently, right?

That being said, I do believe people can change. The only way you’ll know if Ranger has, is if he’s given a chance.

The question is, does he deserve a chance? I’m 50:50 on it.

Hes had so many chances though!

He just ****es in the face of millions of people who would give anything for his opportunities.

ezgif.com-add-text-3.gif

Last edited:
That’s the issue though. When you put a disruptive element like Ranger into a squad, you’ve got to assess how his presence alone, will affect the rest of that squad, nevermind his behaviour during club hours.

Turning up mashed or late is one thing, but his previous convictions won’t be forgotten so easily.

For example, imagine someone you work with, was outed as having a pretty grim rap sheet. Conning old ladies being one part of that.

We’d all look at them differently, right?

That being said, I do believe people can change. The only way you’ll know if Ranger has, is if he’s given a chance.

The question is, does he deserve a chance? I’m 50:50 on it.

It's also dependent on the regime, chances are he could improve but he's never going to be a model pro and when the manager demands that from every player you realise there is no way Sol would entertain this signing.

Back