• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile Ranger

Id take Bilel and all his craziness back in a heartbeat - debatable attitude but what a player he was for a couple of years! Could literally play anywhere at this level

We are going to have to build a team of youngsters for next season in league 2 .Any player with the status of senior pro ,must be a role model to help develop and earn respect in the dressing room. What another huge mistake that would be if we do not learn from past errors.

I'd pay £15 for you not to.......
Let's start a bidding war! I will outdo C C Csiders and not play for a mere £13.50. And I bet I'm much worse at football than he is (my biggest weakness is kicking the ball, and I'm recovering from a torn Achilles tendon), so that's a bargain!

More seriously, if I believed that Nile Ranger was a reformed character and would behave like a good boy from now on and work hard, it would be great to have him in the team and I would be thrilled for us and him.

But, you know, I'm sceptical.

If Nile was to prove himself to Sol and to be serious about coming back and by getting himself fit of his own back, then why not, I’m for him coming back in that case.
What’s the point in coming back of your own back just to play silly buggers.

I genuinely find it so hard to believe so many are even considering this!

We've got one of the youngest squads in our history and they are craving for senior pro's to demonstrate how to be model, professional players. Are people really thinking Ranger is going to be that role model? Turning up late to training, having to be taken to the pub to keep him out of trouble, apparently having certain things in his locker and the small matter of defrauding an old pensioner. Do we want our youngsters to really aspire to be that kind of person?!

John White yes, Nile Ranger...hell no!

Before anyone says, maybe he's changed... dear God... how many more chances can that guy get? That was a phrase doing the rounds before his last chance.

bilel? not sure playing with 10 men every week after he gets a red is really the solution to our problems.

Blokes a fruitcake, cant we just get some normal decent players in.... There must be some in the world somewhere....

If it’s for free then yes obviously !!! I think Chris has reported on this On seeing niles tweet and it was a slow news day tbh. I doubt nile would play for free since he appeared on the true Geordie podcast a year or so ago he’s had three offers and turned them down because the money wasn’t good enough for him.
Now he wants to play for free ? Maybe just to end of season? He is ok for money as he has a trust fund from the money he earned at Newcastle he said which he isn’t allowed to touch until he’s 30.

Some of you are so unforgiving.....So what if he is a convicted robber who steals from old ladies and beats up young ones (yes the police were called while he lived in Southend). He is late for training or doesn't bother at all, which is why he isn't actually anywhere near as good as he and some of you think. The reason he came back so unfit after prison was because he lost his privileges after breaking the rules....So not really his fault and why should he have to do extra training to catch up, just because a few of our back room staff gave up their time to help him.

Yes he takes drugs and hangs around wannabe gangsters but we all need down time. His first landlord in Southend wouldn't have him back and the missing two feet of granite worktop in his second flat was probably just and accident....Plus how was poor Nile expected to know you cant take things like the flat screen TV off the wall and take it with you when you leave. Anyway that will all be covered by Ron as he had to put up the money in the first place.

What you judgemental lot don't understand is he was really nice when i met him at an event for 2 minutes and thats what really counts.....The rest is all rumour and hearsay. What we should never forget about Nile Ranger was he only talked about his Newcastle days, so he would never bee seen in pub wearing a SUFC training top after a defeat. So what ever he has done he will never be as low as Harry Lennon, who should never be forgiven.

As for a role model for young players, well what about that video of Nile punching his girlfriend....Us lads all know they need keeping in line now and again. Plus it shows Nile doesn't mind putting it about, unlike the bloke he would be ideal to replace Humphrys. Yes I know we shouldn't turn our back on just because he has had his face smashed twice whilst playing for us. But who cares about support, loyalty or even our own dignity.....This is the worst situation we will ever face in our entire lives so please come back Nile all is forgiven......Even if its just to use us to get fit until the end of the season, i really don't mind.

If it’s for free then yes obviously !!! I think Chris has reported on this On seeing niles tweet and it was a slow news day tbh. I doubt nile would play for free since he appeared on the true Geordie podcast a year or so ago he’s had three offers and turned them down because the money wasn’t good enough for him.
Now he wants to play for free ? Maybe just to end of season? He is ok for money as he has a trust fund from the money he earned at Newcastle he said which he isn’t allowed to touch until he’s 30.

Chris has spoke to him, and you may see the outcome today. Apparently, Nile supports Southend, and is very happy our fans had 3 songs about him.

Thankfully in the midst of all of this nonense there is absolutely no official comment or denial that SUFC would entertain Ranger coming back to the club. He's got a chunk of publicity again from his orginal tweet but thankfully we won't see him back on the pitch for us, supporter or not.

I struggle to believe a word of it. We heard it all before from him and it got thrown in the club's face.

One word. NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back