• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile Ranger

Thankfully in the midst of all of this nonense there is absolutely no official comment or denial that SUFC would entertain Ranger coming back to the club. He's got a chunk of publicity again from his orginal tweet but thankfully we won't see him back on the pitch for us, supporter or not.

No official comment is par for the course recently.

I don't get why anyone would want him back at our club!?!

Yes I get the "playing for free" and "nothing to lose" - but what effect would he have on our youngsters. Young players starting out need model pros to look up, players who train the right way, turn up on time - not wannabe gangster more interested in Instagram and hanging around in flash car in London!!

If we do sign him, we will be a bigger laughing stock than we already are!!

If he, and it is a big if, has got himself sorted and can follow the rules Sol has then there is nothing to lose between now and the end of the season. Make him prove himself and earn himself an extension. However it is a big if

If he, and it is a big if, has got himself sorted and can follow the rules Sol has then there is nothing to lose between now and the end of the season. Make him prove himself and earn himself an extension. However it is a big if

Apart from your dignity, the dressing room, your grandmothers' savings etc etc.

What’s interesting in this now is that after just assuming the response to his tweet would get a split response from us on here and lead to nothing, the latest statement does put it in the possible (if not probable) category. Also not sure if there is anything to read into the comment that he has stayed in touch with the Blues. I assumed Ron was really ****ed off with him and nothing would ever happen but maybe Ron hasn’t written him off.

Lols, Ranger met with Sol in January.

Ron likes him (always has), but I would assume that Sol has swerved him.....

...although nothing surprises me with this club, so prepare to see him start in the next couple of games.

How about Bilel wonder if he wants to come back !
Really ? I truly hope not.

As in his view Ron scuppered his move to the Jolly Co*kerknees he would never come back, but HAD he been in the team this season one could be sure that he would not have thrown in the towel or have been "not bothered" if the team lost.

And he may well have "scissored" some of the wasters and bad-eggs thus negating the need for expensive pay offs.

I’m about half way through, he comes across very different when speaking to Theo and Frank rather than when he was on True Geordie.

Two interesting points to note though, Ron was calling him wanting to sign him and he needed to convince Sol Campbell. It would appear also that Sol didn’t even bother with Theo.

I’m about half way through, he comes across very different when speaking to Theo and Frank rather than when he was on True Geordie.

Two interesting points to note though, Ron was calling him wanting to sign him and he needed to convince Sol Campbell. It would appear also that Sol didn’t even bother with Theo.

Just finished it, I thought it was quite insightful tbh. I still get the sense that he’s a bit of a ****, and his reputation probably precedes him, but he hasn’t really got anyone to blame but himself, in that regard.

Be interesting to see people’s thoughts about him returning for us next season.....

There's an article in FFT from Ranger. We were paying him 3k per week!

Just finished it, I thought it was quite insightful tbh. I still get the sense that he’s a bit of a ****, and his reputation probably precedes him, but he hasn’t really got anyone to blame but himself, in that regard.

Be interesting to see people’s thoughts about him returning for us next season.....

I’d have him back.

It's amazing that some Southend fans have short memories over certain players. Nile Ranger absolutely took the **** out of the Chairman, the management team and, in my view, the supporters as well. There was no doubting that there was a talent in there somewhere, Sheffield Utd away proved that, but the bad outweighed the good to the point that he should never again wear the dark blue shirt of Southend Utd.

Just watched this. He comes across as a really fun lad, but one that can't help himself. Bet he'd be a proper laugh as a mate, but sadly not as a footballer.

I thought this was really interesting. Really made me think about just how short a career it is. Was impressed with Robinson and Nouble.

One of Sol's better decisions then.

Back