• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile Ranger

I'm thinking he was in Newcastle's team around the time they had Campbell? maybe know each other ...?

Are u all raving nuts!!! The guy is trash and doesnt even deserve our attention, not even if he offered to play for free.

Even in this dark time for the club we must have a modicum of standards and professionalism.

Never said I wanted him back ... Merely discussing the possibility of him being down at B&L and why.... Not overall keen on a return from him and i don't think it would happen.
However if the story was to paint itself that he came in scored a bunch and helped us stay in League1, He can have the keys to the town for all I care.

In a season that has turned to rat **** for the moment, the last thing we need is a further distraction from Nile. There is no way on earth that Ron would countenance Ranger pulling on a blue shirt again, and I'm with Ron all the way.

Never said I wanted him back ... Merely discussing the possibility of him being down at B&L and why.... Not overall keen on a return from him and i don't think it would happen.
However if the story was to paint itself that he came in scored a bunch and helped us stay in League1, He can have the keys to the town for all I care.

Trouble is it aint gonna happen..He was of very little use even when he WAS presumably fit...Probably just turned up to see Sol and Cole, or possibly to see if he could sneak into the changing rooms to rob the players...Martin should have banned him from the training ground by way of a Ronnie F(ootball) ASBO! :Smile:

In my eyes the signing of Ranger is one of the reasons we're in this sorry state today.

what a load of nonsense saying he is the reason we are in this sorry state now

Why? He's probably one of the reasons Kavanagh left, upset the dressing room and in turn got Brown sacked. It's no surprise that despite his talents, not one club has given him a job.

I was all for giving him a chance but it turns out the man is poison.

Why? He's probably one of the reasons Kavanagh left, upset the dressing room and in turn got Brown sacked. It's no surprise that despite his talents, not one club has given him a job.

I was all for giving him a chance but it turns out the man is poison.

I think that is one hell of an extrapolation, and I don't think it's justified. You don't even know he's one of the reasons Kavanagh left: you even said it was only "probably" yourself. So you're making this extrapolation based on speculation.

Even if it happens to be the reason, you can't blame him for Ron's decision not to appoint a new CEO. You can't blame him for the injuries we endured last season that have continued into this. There have been plenty of opportunities between Ranger leaving and this point in time for any number of actions that could have either contributed to or prevented the situation we now find ourselves in.

For clarity, I'm not saying we should welcome him back. I am saying you can't blame him for our current predicament.

I still maintain Brown would (possibly) still be manager if Ranger hadn't been forced onto him by Ron Martin. Ranger sacked 4th Jan 2018, Brown 13 days later and we're saddled with Powell who was supposed to be return of the king but turned out to be anything but.

I certainly wouldn't want him back but nonetheless he wouldn't make any difference on the pitch anyway - no striker would - as our problems lie with the rest of the team. The goalkeepers, defenders and midfielders are just so, so poor for this level. We need a near-enough total clearout this summer to turn this around....

Not sure he’d want them.
Have you seen the High Street recently ?

I’d rather we ended up non league than have scum like Ranger at the club. Had to question my loyalty when we signed him the first time, if there’s even a hint we are considering him for the future then I’m done.
Keys to the town? Would rather be able to look myself in the mirror thank you

Back