• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile Ranger

when I've thought about the type of player we miss I always came back to a Nile Ranger type. It's up to MM. No doubt he will have had long conversations with just about everyone about the other side of Nile and with Nile himself. Whatever the decision it will be made with eyes wide open.

I don’t know the guy personally, of course, so can only go on what has been publicly said or reported.

I’d have real concerns about his effect on the morale of the squad, as respect for rules, punctuality etc are all vital and he’s not got a great record on all that. Also I was completely outraged by the widely reported financial scam on vulnerable pensioners. That act seems to me to demonstrate a complete lack of moral compass, shame or empathy - I suspect most of us couldn’t even conceive of doing something like that. It’s repugnant.

However, if (and I don’t know whether he was ever actually convicted or sanctioned for that) he has paid his debt to society as set out in court then he is due a fair hearing. It would be a huge risk though, and that risk would need VERY close round the clock management. Would all that be worth the return on the pitch? I’m not convinced.

Crazy move at a time where we are starting to pull things together.

Signing Ranger is for when you are 10 points adrift and in need of snookers, not when you are unbeaten in four and looking like a proper team.

Ron Martin can never mention due diligence again.
depends how it works out if it's a goer. Due diligence is about whether Nile has changed not how he was. Of course he might not have changed. Life is not simple.

Hahaha I love this game. Honestly, bring it on. On his day he is class, and despite his punctuality Nile actually is quite infectious with his energy. Always is popular.

Lets go Power Ranger, bring on the fun

It's simple.

Is Nile Ranger good enough. More than.

Is he likely to **** a chance up the wall. Probably.

Could he destabilise team moral. Potentially.

Is he a gamble. Yes.

Is it worth taking. Debatable.

Can beggars be choosers. Not really.

Give him a month deal or pay as you play and completely **** him off if he so much as turns up late.

This is a terrible idea that has got disaster written all over it. He's had so many chances and has never grown up, why do we think he will all of a sudden now? This could cause huge issues in the dressing room and wreck any chance we have of surviving this season. Stupid risk we don't need to take atm. Really annoyed at this.

I don’t know the guy personally, of course, so can only go on what has been publicly said or reported.

I’d have real concerns about his effect on the morale of the squad, and also I was completely outraged by the widely reported financial scam on vulnerable pensioners. That act seems to me to demonstrate a complete lack of moral compass, shame or empathy - I suspect most of us couldn’t even conceive of doing something like that. It’s repugnant.

However, if (and I don’t know whether he was ever actually convicted or sanctioned for that) he has paid his debt to society as set out in court then he is due a fair hearing. It would be a huge risk though, and that risk would need VERY close round the clock management. Would all that be worth the return on the pitch? I’m not convinced.

Surely you remember him being jailed whilst still a Southend player?

When we were getting tonked every week I thought it might be a good idea.
However we’re starting to look half decent lately & now I’m not sure this would be wise.
Can leopards change their spots, I’m not sure in Rangers case..

I’d have real concerns about his effect on the morale of the squad, and also I was completely outraged by the widely reported financial scam on vulnerable pensioners. That act seems to me to demonstrate a complete lack of moral compass, shame or empathy - I suspect most of us couldn’t even conceive of doing something like that. It’s repugnant.

He's had a number and shown no change.

Would be an awful signing

It’s a win win for me, his got the talent for the championship so if 90% fit can still do a job for us in this league for sure:Thumbs up:

Back