• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile Ranger

The irony of the Ranger story is PB wanted to impose tier 4 restrictions on him when he left prison. The parole people and others didn't agree...In order to save his career

Now Ranger is officially allowed to break Tier 4 whilst the rest of us are under it. Now many of the fans are losing their business or career.

Nile at the front post when we were defending corners was a joy to behold ... brought smiles to the centre backs faces as another inswinger was nodded away ..

The late for training thing is such a pain as i am one of thise people who can't sleep if i have something good on the next day ... interview or that sort if thing and I will be awake trying to sleep all night ... and then get a couple of hours and struggle out of my pit late.

Also did he not go abou a week or two before PB got the push - at the time it felt a bit like PB was throwing him under the bus as if all the problems were down to Ranger..

Anyway - if I was in charge obvioulsy he would have been managed far better and we would be in the CCC and he would be winning SPOTY for his work reforming the prison system ..

Nile at the front post when we were defending corners was a joy to behold ... brought smiles to the centre backs faces as another inswinger was nodded away ..

The late for training thing is such a pain as i am one of thise people who can't sleep if i have something good on the next day ... interview or that sort if thing and I will be awake trying to sleep all night ... and then get a couple of hours and struggle out of my pit late.

Also did he not go abou a week or two before PB got the push - at the time it felt a bit like PB was throwing him under the bus as if all the problems were down to Ranger..

Anyway - if I was in charge obvioulsy he would have been managed far better and we would be in the CCC and he would be winning SPOTY for his work reforming the prison system ..

If he was late for training and in anyway disciplined he would be a no show completely the next day. When he was put in the team for that cup game at the Ricay, he scored but limped off after about 15 with a fake injury. Still NR should have never had to lower himself to Essex Senior cup on a Tuesday night.

You should have helped PB out, he would have welcomed the advice.

If he was late for training and in anyway disciplined he would be a no show completely the next day. When he was put in the team for that cup game at the Ricay, he scored but limped off after about 15 with a fake injury. Still NR should have never had to lower himself to Essex Senior cup on a Tuesday night.

Very true, I have dealt with people who may be similar to manage as Nile, and 9 out of 10 times it is all wasted effort no matter the good intentions.
Prison didn't do it, sacking didn't do it, death of his mate didn't do it; it will take something very extraordinary of a life changing event to turn Nile around.

This is the trouble rigsby. NR was much worse than Southend fans think. Until he grows up, he will always be Gangsta/Footballer. He will always do the all night party's, barring lockdown, and smoke the weed. Probably why he's suddenley concentrating on football, no party's to go to. Stealing the Tele and trashing the place he rented story, even tho he was under the spotlight, gives more insight into his tiny brain.

I had the same problem with Phil as I had with one or two others in the game.

they mutter something about experience and make derogatory remarks about posting on fan forums not counting ...

Phil always felt threatened by a/ my ability and b/ my number of "likes" on the zone

Very true, I have dealt with people who may be similar to manage as Nile, and 9 out of 10 times it is all wasted effort no matter the good intentions.
Prison didn't do it, sacking didn't do it, death of his mate didn't do it; it will take something very extraordinary of a life changing event to turn Nile around.

Indeed you are 100% correct. I did had a long chat with PB on that very subject. We both agreed that one or two 'crimes' can be managed but its impossible with those on a self destruct mission.

true geordie podcast #

This is the trouble rigsby. NR was much worse than Southend fans think. Until he grows up, he will always be Gangsta/Footballer. He will always do the all night party's, barring lockdown, and smoke the weed. Probably why he's suddenley concentrating on football, no party's to go to. Stealing the Tele and trashing the place he rented story, even tho he was under the spotlight, gives more insight into his tiny brain.

Yes I did hear more than enough stories to convince me he should never be given another chance. The removal men even had to take action because he was loading up stuff that wasn't his so he would get no help from me or anyone I know.

As for people saying MM or Macca should be given the job of "looking after him"....Why when we are just emerging with half a chance at Christmas. You need your best teachers in front of the whole class not giving 1 to 1 in the isolation centre.

Am i missing something here? NR isnt a registered professional football player, lives on the London area i believe, so Tier4, Southend is Tier 4 so therefore why is he allowed to travel and train at B&L. By all tense and purposes he is a member of public the same as many of us so therefore should be staying at home

I had the same problem with Phil as I had with one or two others in the game.

they mutter something about experience and make derogatory remarks about posting on fan forums not counting ...

Phil always felt threatened by a/ my ability and b/ my number of "likes" on the zone

But Sol always had time for you. Then again Sol could always see what others can't.

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future as the old saying goes.
There are, alas, too many players in football who will never reach their full potential because of mental issues like lack of mental toughness and determination and/or poor work ethic. And then there are those who have personality issues and/or criminal tendencies. If only these types of players can reform themselves and mend their ways they can gain self respect and carve out a future for themselves while at the same time reward the manager/team that gave them their chance. That is what happens in a perfect world.
The fact is invariably these type of players let themselves and others down, and, sooner or later, revert to type.
Of course not all will waste the 'last chance' when it is given them but the sad truth is most will.
That is not to say no one should ever be given a chance, but, if you are the one throwing out the lifeline be aware you will almost certainly be disappointed.
Not that anyone is going to ask me for my advice as to whether Ranger should be signed or not but I am happy to give it: that ship has already sailed. Forget it. It is unlikely to end well.

Back