• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile Ranger

I do think a lot of his issues were down to the company he kept and being easily influenced. Shame because he has bags of talent and has just wasted it.

Not on Boreham Wood’s retained or released list. Probably safe to say he’s blown his last chance at a career in professional football.

What a waste of talent.
As a middle aged man I spend more time than I should regretting missed opportunities and wishing I had put more effort into certain endeavours.

I can't imagine what it must be like to feel this way at 30.

I do think a lot of his issues were down to the company he kept and being easily influenced. Shame because he has bags of talent and has just wasted it.
He’ll always have to live with that knowledge. PB tried and so did Ron, but when someone’s hell bent on hitting the self destruct button what can you do ..

Yeah, I agree. He couldn't be wound up, he used to laugh it off. Sometimes you wanted a bit of fire from him but he stayed chilled

Yes, I often felt opposition players fouled him and tried to wind him up, rightly assuming he would get little protection from the ref, but he never reacted, just walked away, always surprised me.

One of my favourite sayings is….You can judge a man by the company he keeps.

One of the biggest myths in the last 10 years of SUFC history is that Nile Ranger has talent. The only talent he has is for taking zero responsibility for all his crimes….. Including the many moral ones that most of us don’t get to hear about.

...which he chose to keep.
Yes of course, when he was away from them he was ok but he kept going back. I’m not putting the blame on others Nile is responsible for his own downfall and his issues. He could’ve always stepped away from them or said no.

Nile was not a particularly dirty player on the pitch, I often felt he could be nastier in all honesty. Anyway, trying to command a fee for charity games recently prove that he has no shame and really doesn't understand anything about his past misdemeanours.
Well that's ****ty

I think it's slightly patronising to assume that Ranger has regrets about his career choices, especially in the past few years. Football in the non-league isn't glamorous or easy and he may well have business interests and/or professional ambitions beyond playing football and if he wants to prioritise those then that's his decision. I think as outsiders we look at someone with natural talent who doesn't choose to apply that talent as 'wasting it', but sometimes people just are motivated by other things and interests. That could be work or family or just hanging out with friends, and it's not really up to us to judge which is more or less valid.

Nile was not a particularly dirty player on the pitch, I often felt he could be nastier in all honesty. Anyway, trying to command a fee for charity games recently prove that he has no shame and really doesn't understand anything about his past misdemeanours.
You’d be surprised how many athletes end up this greedy

He’s had more chances than others would be given. I don’t get the fascination with him. Just hope he doesn’t live local as he’s bad news
Not on Boreham Wood’s retained or released list. Probably safe to say he’s blown his last chance at a career in professional football.

What a waste of talent.

Back