• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nintendo Wiiiiii

palexander

Life President
Anybody lucky enough to get a Wii over X-Mas?

I managed to be in the right place at the right time to get one from Amazon a week or so before X-Mas.

Must say, very impressed so far. I have Wii Sports, Wii Play, Red Steel and Zelda so far - as well as a couple of Gamecube Games.

Sports in particular is very good with the new remote controller mimicking your movements with scary accuracy - allowing even to spin the ball in Bowling by twisting your wrist as you release the ball as in the real sport.

The graphics, whilst tidy, are nothing to write home about - but they do seem to fit the style of the console. As I mentioned, the Wii also plays Gamecube games which is a bonus (as I never got the 'Cube) and also have a browser built in - along with a real time world wide weather 'channel' and a News Channel launching in a couple of weeks.

There will be online games (like on the 360) pretty soon, but for the moment its strictly offline affairs.

Anyway, if anyone is thinking of getting one, I can highly recommend!

My eldest saved up his birthday and Xmas money and got one for himself, and we've all had a go. We all find Wii Sport really good fun as well!! He's got Zelda and Monster 4x4, but I can't comment on either of those, as I've not played them, but they look ok!

Cool - it certainly is something for all the family. My GF quite likes games (and has her own 360!) but is never 100% with the controls, but has found the Wii Remote a breeze and loves all the games...

Managed to get one yesterday. Red Steel is pretty ordinary, love the sports games - baseball especially..... Zelda is the one I'm waiting for, rarer than hen's teeth in MK.

Red Steel is a weird one. Seen so many bad reviews - but I dont think its too bad at all! I've not had any problems with the controls and certainly think it adds to the game more than it takes away.

The sword stuff is obviously tacked on and if only they could have made it more responsive like the Baseball type of actions then it would have been awesome - too me, its the only thing that feels rushed.

The voice acting sucks and the cut scenes arent very good, but overall, its pretty good.

Managed to get Zelda today. Fantastic and I've only played it for an hour or so! Anyone want to buy a copy of Red Steel?

Back