• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nobody knows for sure, but if Fred gets dropped next week I'm convinced my view is the right one, I think the only way to stop the guy playing is by sending him back.
An experienced manager who is skint... this is why these deals happen

Woodrow and Eastwood are too similar.

Freddy hasn't scored since Corr has been benched!

Absolutely agree with this. Woodrow is not Corr, and is not the same type of player as Corr, therefore we shouldn't have been playing the ball to him as if he WAS Corr! That'll have been as unpleasant a performance as he's likely to have faced and he needs to come to terms with the realities of L2, especially on a rain drenched Friday evening! Wasn't he only signed for a month anyway? Very harsh thread title.

When Corr came on, he offered very little anyway, so I don't get why Woodrow is being pulled apart....or Thompson, for that matter. Time and time again, he was left exposed on his own as Hurst went walkabout - which I kind of understood as there was no link up between them. If White is out for next week, then these two need to get some understanding going. And I'm not going to blame Coker for the loss, the lad made one mistake, the conditions were ***** and he got too much on the header. If we'd put away either of the two good headers or one of the three crosses across the 6 yard box, it would have been a different story. What we need is a goal poacher, a Jermaine Defoe type.....that's very different to what we've got in Fred or Corr, and what we've had in Britt or Tomlin. When Cauley goes back, then that's what Mr Brown needs to look for.

I don't think he won a header the whole time he was on. He looked very frustrated and was waiting for him to lash out and get sent off

I said last week after watching training, that this kid is a Freddy type and can certainly finish, but needs the right type of service, on the ground. This is a massive problem that PB has to solve, Woodrow has hardly had a shot in all those Minutes he has played. If you can't feed him the right service, then no point playing him, as crossing high to him or hoofing up to him are a waste of time, and usually possession.

Nobody knows for sure, but if Fred gets dropped next week I'm convinced my view is the right one, I think the only way to stop the guy playing is by sending him back.
An experienced manager who is skint... this is why these deals happen
I can't see Freddy being dropped, Brown has demonstrated that he is definitely firmly in the Freddy supporters' camp, and Fred's comments this week seem to indicate that the feeling is mutual. Freddy's form has been great so far this season and his commitment pretty much second to none.

I don't think many are having a go at woodrow to be honest OBL. The problem is the shape of the team and that is down to the manager 100%.

I don't get the Corr thing,I think he is a plodder and ATM is not the answer to our scoring problem.

Yes, let's be honest here... would an extremely experienced League manager allow a player to come to his club with a guarantee that he'll play for the team no matter what effort or performance he puts in?

Would YOU agree to that?

Unlikely, so why assume that the experienced manager whose career lives and dies by the team's results would have done.

Loan deals can be very very biased.

It always amazes me just how much people know about the detail and intricacies of the loan arrangements Phil Brown makes with these other clubs. The main question for me is which snooper/spyware shop do you buy your monitoring gadgets from?

South Bank, you don't know what's going on exactly, but look at the facts. Corr and Eastwood this season have scored while playing together, Eastwood and Woodrow haven't scored together, we need to be scoring, so you don't have to be a brain surgeon to work out that the best partnership this season is C and E, if that doesn't happen next game it must be written in the loan agreement..

South Bank, you don't know what's going on exactly, but look at the facts. Corr and Eastwood this season have scored while playing together, Eastwood and Woodrow haven't scored together, we need to be scoring, so you don't have to be a brain surgeon to work out that the best partnership this season is C and E, if that doesn't happen next game it must be written in the loan agreement..

I genuinely despair at your logic.

Welcome to Southend United, a club with no money. I would love to be as trusting as you but things like this happen when you are not in charge of your own destiny, next your be saying we won't have to pay Sainsburys back cause we haven't got any money?

"But Chelsea are playing within the rules and Emenalo insists the club are doing the best for their youngsters by guaranteeing them regular first team football"

Taken from a recent article regarding Chelsea's loan deals.

I know of 1 loan deal where his wages were split 50/50 and he had to play every game UNLESS injured.

Was not at Southend though.

Welcome to Southend United, a club with no money. I would love to be as trusting as you but things like this happen when you are not in charge of your own destiny, next your be saying we won't have to pay Sainsburys back cause we haven't got any money?

I cannot fathom that there exists any agreement where another club will force Brown to play a player he doesn't choose to. Brown brought the player in and, if the player's not up to it or his place is risking us points, Brown will ship him back. The only thing I'm 'trusting' there is Brown's desire to further his own career. Your final comment tells me to stop wasting my time on this thread. And that's why I'm oooot.

Rubbish! Brown said at the Q&A that Corr wasn't 100%, why would you risk making an existing injury worse? I'm quite sure Woodrow is starting because neither Corr, nor Reid are at full match fitness.

Totally agree. That game last night was not one for an inexperienced 18 yr old to start up front. That should have been a nailed on Corr job and with Hurst's excellent crosses I'm sure BBBC would have got on the end of one!

Two games in a row now the great BC has had goalscoring chances from no more than 5 yards and missed with both, why do people smack their monkeys over this bloke, he came on and fell over a few times and moaned at the ref everytime he fouls an opponent as if he hasn't done any thing wrong

Rubbish! Brown said at the Q&A that Corr wasn't 100%, why would you risk making an existing injury worse? I'm quite sure Woodrow is starting because neither Corr, nor Reid are at full match fitness.

I think you are right about the fitness issues. Just hope Barry Corr gets himself fully fit and gets in the penalty box more, as that is where he will get goals. Just hope he doesn't go on a long sulk at not starting games.

Back