• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He's played two games. Give the lad a chance. Last night no-one played that great and the service was poor. He looked good against Morecambe I thought. Gives us options and depth.

He's played two games. Give the lad a chance. Last night no-one played that great and the service was poor. He looked good against Morecambe I thought. Gives us options and depth.

Agreed 100% i would have a little side bet that he is going to play a lot higher level than any other striker at the club will.

Agreed 100% i would have a little side bet that he is going to play a lot higher level than any other striker at the club will.

That's pretty obvious as he cost so much and is so highly rated. The issue is, can he do it for us now, and does he suit our style of play.

Absolutely agree with this. Woodrow is not Corr, and is not the same type of player as Corr, therefore we shouldn't have been playing the ball to him as if he WAS Corr! That'll have been as unpleasant a performance as he's likely to have faced and he needs to come to terms with the realities of L2, especially on a rain drenched Friday evening! Wasn't he only signed for a month anyway? Very harsh thread title.

When Corr came on, he offered very little anyway, so I don't get why Woodrow is being pulled apart....or Thompson, for that matter. Time and time again, he was left exposed on his own as Hurst went walkabout - which I kind of understood as there was no link up between them. If White is out for next week, then these two need to get some understanding going. And I'm not going to blame Coker for the loss, the lad made one mistake, the conditions were ***** and he got too much on the header. If we'd put away either of the two good headers or one of the three crosses across the 6 yard box, it would have been a different story. What we need is a goal poacher, a Jermaine Defoe type.....that's very different to what we've got in Fred or Corr, and what we've had in Britt or Tomlin. When Cauley goes back, then that's what Mr Brown needs to look for.

This....agree 100%.

Didn't Antonio German have it in his loan agreement that QPR wanted him to play in every game in which he was here?

How long has he been here? 2 games and some are already saying his time is up. Maybe we should get a player on loan and if they don't score in a game just cancel their loan and get someone else in until they don't score.

I wasn't envisaging letting go of Woodrow. Think he needs a fair crack but as things are at the mo I'd be inclined to go with Corr in the next match.

Only if he did'nt get lost on the way.

Yes I remember that. a case of this for him -
blush%20new%20sept%202010.gif

I'm not saying I want him to go back, but I think that would be the only way to stop the lad starting every game he is here. I just think these loan agreements can stuff us up sometimes, maybe this is why they only get one months trial as PB cannot agree to start an unknown all the time that they are here, especially if it doesn't work out. As for paying 50/50 on wages, a premier player has got to be on around the 5/10k a week, could you see us paying half of that?

Barry Corr will bring experience at a bad time. Moreover of Woodrow continues to play and we lose again he may well be one targeted as a scapegoat if goals are not scored because somehow I can't see anyone turning on Freddy. As a result it'd be a wasted loan and the confidence of a youngster mucked up. So for me Corr has to start next time round at Bury.

You cant please some people, surprises me how many people on here are delusional, we are not a premiership or championship club who can go out and get whoever ,whenever they want.Give the lad a chance hes only 18, im sure if he was one of our own youth team players you wouldnt be on his back like you are with the 2 loan players we have here

The boy has talent and his movement caused an organised but rigid back 4 a few problems for me the main issue is we didn't have the midfield to pick the pass for the run time and time again we took the extra touch before we made the through ball which is prob the reason why Fred and CW were offside so much. When we did find a quick pass CW unfortunately he didn't get the shot away... BBC came on and in my view offered nothing he played to deep not a critisicm prob just trying to hard.. We need to be more clinical with our final ball with Fred in the box rather than 10 yards outside.

Jesus. This nonsense gets stated as fact a couple of times a season. We had it with Britt last year. Remember Scott Malone? Tilly had to play him every week due to the terms of that agreement, apparently. Except from, you know, the games that he got dropped for.

If the new kid is starting it is because Phil Brown thinks that he should be starting and not because of any conspiracy bollocks.

So Premier league team allows player go out on loan, to gain football game time with lower league club, and pays his wages.... lower league club decides not to use him.... Premier League club says that's fine we could have put him our reserves for game experience. Of course parent clubs put things in contract, or whats the point in doing it, Southend must offer something to the club lending the player, we can't pay them so the only thing we can offer is game time.
Sitting on Southend's Bench must do wonders for fringe Premier league players?

think this thread is absolute rubbish imo ive really liked woodrow and actually thought we were worse when corr came on. personally id stick with Woodrow and Eastwood dont think corrs been great this year.

So Premier league team allows player go out on loan, to gain football game time with lower league club, and pays his wages.... lower league club decides not to use him.... Premier League club says that's fine we could have put him our reserves for game experience. Of course parent clubs put things in contract, or whats the point in doing it, Southend must offer something to the club lending the player, we can't pay them so the only thing we can offer is game time.

Yeah, yeah, I read all this before.

I'm sure the plan is for him to play but if Brown doesn't think that he's worth being in front of Corr then he won't pick him in front of Corr. How a player reacts to not being first choice is a test in itself and thatbis one of the things that clubs look for. Looks at Kerrea Gilbert when he was with us on loan as a prime example. The lad from Palace at the start of last season too,

They do, a higher chance of getting pitch time.

Yes he could get reserve team football if he stayed at his club, but playing real games even at our level is much more beneficial to him, and even if he only got subs appearances the experience would be useful to him.

What league two club would take a risk on a young player which if they were forced to play him would then mean leaving out one of their players and causing disharmony?

This,

Loan arrangements can be very messy especially when the parent club are in the prem,I don't know the details of this deal but as I have stated before I know of one deal where the player HAD to play unless injured or banned.

Back