• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours No Barney bids yet

Interesting to note we are the 6th club he has played for. Would anyone take a punt on him as he hasn't produced the goods anywhere else? He has got regular employment here and is our number one striker, and as we all know, the grass isn't always greener. Him going is not as iron clad as some have suggested, in my opinion.

Good point, most of the other clubs he's played for have all been loan deals. And i think he's loving it here, as his best club has been us due to the number of goals he's got! lets hope he doesn't go in January, and signs a new deal :)

Dont think he will go in January, why would he when he could get a nice little wind fall in the summer. Have no idea what he would pick up as a free agent, but got to be 100,000 grand,what would you do.

Why would we expect bids when the window isn't open yet?!!

I reckon the only interest would be from league 1 teams and struggling CCC teams. So it'd be a gamble for him to leave in jan

If I was another manager interested in Barnard there's no way I would bid in January. Not only due to money, but he has only really shone for half a league 1 season, so can't see why anyone higher than a league 1 club would bid for him until he's proven himself over the whole season

alot of people are saying he's being linked with southampton. but i haven't got a clue where thats come from as tilly has just confirmed no club has spoke of interest yet. proof on the link! But yeah that's a big problem, i don't think he will go in January but i will be gutted if he goes for free as he's worth at least £200,000.

It depends on how confident the management are on bringing somebody in to replace him.

Judging by the number of permanent signings we've actually made since our relegation from the Championship, I'd suggest not. Obviously our financial position has hardly helped and we've been largely limited to free transfers, but we've let some potentially good players slip through our fingers to rival clubs with similar budgets recently and it doesn't bode well for our transfer policy.

I don't think he'll go in Jan when anyone can grab themselves a freebie in the summer.

Depends on if a club want him, a cheeky bid now or face competition for his signature from bigger and better clubs.
If a two bit outfit like Brighton or Colu wanted him, they might offer now as they know a bid from Yeovil for example is much more prestigous for the player concerned.

even though i love the guy i don't think his all round game is good enough yet from championship. i do kind of think league 1 is his level. hopefully he won't do a clarke do us and wait out for a better offer.

even though i love the guy i don't think his all round game is good enough yet from championship. i do kind of think league 1 is his level. hopefully he won't do a clarke do us and wait out for a better offer.

sorry mate he will **** off as soon as someone waves a few more quid in his face, cant blame him short career etc etc, cant blame him etc etc, better/bigger club etc etc, you know whats coming in the summer, I want to thank everyone at southend for all there support blah blah blah but coming to a club like MK dons was too good an oppurtunity to miss

Depends on if a club want him, a cheeky bid now or face competition for his signature from bigger and better clubs.
If a two bit outfit like Brighton or Colu wanted him, they might offer now as they know a bid from Yeovil for example is much more prestigous for the player concerned.

Funny you should say that it is rumoured he is a back up striker we have our eye on as it seems likely we will lose Lisbie back to Ipswich.

If the club have any sense they will keep him until the end of the season giving us a good shout of staying in this division.

He goes in January then we will be in serious danger of the drop.

Financially why cash in on him for a five figure sum when relegation would cost us six figures.

If the club have any sense they will keep him until the end of the season giving us a good shout of staying in this division.

He goes in January then we will be in serious danger of the drop.

Financially why cash in on him for a five figure sum when relegation would cost us six figures.

I have heard a figure of £400K being quoted how true I dont know but that is what people down here are saying.

I have heard a figure of £400K being quoted how true I dont know but that is what people down here are saying.

If we were actually going to get that in January for a player who is out of contract in the summer, I'd probably be fairly happy as there is little prospect of him signing a new contract (I'd imagine).

However, in our situation he is the only player on our team who scores goals on a regular basis (17 out of our 29 goals for the season I think it is!) and in the absence of any replacement, we need him. You're pretty unlikely to land yourself a gem in the January window and I can't imagine us replacing him with anyone of the same quality (if at all). If he were to leave without a decent replacement, I can see relegation as a very real possibility and that could jeopardise the whole direction that has been planned for the club.

Back