• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

lets hope some one takes hall off our hands, i think there is more trouble brewing with this player, he and others tested the dressing room, and came out the side winning. Sturrock is weakened through the incident at morecambe and subsequent events. Hall is worth cashing in on if we can

lets hope some one takes hall off our hands, i think there is more trouble brewing with this player, he and others tested the dressing room, and came out the side winning. Sturrock is weakened through the incident at morecambe and subsequent events. Hall is worth cashing in on if we can

Blue79????

Blue79????

I would think so yes. Hall is absolutely key to providing the likes of Harris, Mohsni & hopefully Corr and Eastwood. To sell him would seriously damage our chances of promotion as in terms of delivery he's nigh-on irreplaceable (along with the 12-15 goals per season too). It's a strange opinion that we should sell and it's certainly not one that 99% of Zoners would agree with I'm sure, Hall is the one player I fear losing most....

The 'will' bit is only there because it's a win-win situation. If Tilly does go to Gills then the guy is heralded as a prophet, if he doesn't then noone will remember him enough to care. I'd take the claims with a pinch of salt.

Were they playing Trivial Pursuit?

Breaking news, is that there is no news.

No bids have been made for any of our players, contrary to reports that Hall is speaking to a few clubs a few days ago.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~2815448,00.html

Not quite - no bids have been received .......... but that does not mean that Hall (or his agent in reality) is not talking to a number of clubs about personal terms such as the club's policy on electronic tags ............ :angel:

My understanding is that one of the senior players who was (perhaps) not providing the correct role model has now left the club.

We wont get much for him and his contribution to the side is worth more than we will receive.

Take him out and we have no creativity whatsoever.

Getting back onto the topic ............ this is from the BBC and the Exeter manager ......

Quote Tisdale says the market for free agent players is stagnant at the moment.

"I think it's going to be a long summer of waiting," he added. "A lot of other clubs are in the same boat as us and holding their nerve, paying only what they can afford.

"I think there are a lot of players out there at the moment who are disappointed by the offers on the table.

"There are a lot of players who are waiting to find a better deal and a lot of clubs who are standing firm, not prepared to give a better deal.
Unquote

Back to topic! The thread title is indeed a correct interpretation of what Gary Lockett said on the OS. However, when the Echo covers the story the title becomes 'No bids yet for Southend United's players'.
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blues/9769154.No_bids_yet_for_Blues____players/?ref=rss
This could be nit-picking but the 'yet' jumped straight out at me and could allow the statement be construed in a completely different way. Unfortunate choice of headline or a bit of s..t stirring on their part?

What's this nonsense about Hall speaking to other clubs? He's under contract so he can't.

Back to topic! The thread title is indeed a correct interpretation of what Gary Lockett said on the OS. However, when the Echo covers the story the title becomes 'No bids yet for Southend United's players'.
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blues/9769154.No_bids_yet_for_Blues____players/?ref=rss
This could be nit-picking but the 'yet' jumped straight out at me and could allow the statement be construed in a completely different way. Unfortunate choice of headline or a bit of s..t stirring on their part?

.There are no bids thats the fact of it. He also says we arent looking to sell anyone so dont see any reason to expect Hall is imminently leaving which was implied a few days ago, albeit only be one person.

What's this nonsense about Hall speaking to other clubs? He's under contract so he can't.

He can if we gave him permission, which has clearly not happened.

And clearly, the player's agent would not have any phone calls with any clubs at any time about a hypothetical player's hopes and ambitions for the next couple of seasons.

Im sure discussions do take place, however the comment made last week was Ryan was talking to several clubs. This if true would be completely against the rules.

Weve said we arent selling so thats the end of it. Clubs never say players wont be sold and sell them do they. Hmmm...

But the agents will do .... remember that they will be on a percentage .... so the higher they go the more money they earn....

Back