• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

no chance of signing roycie

He's at Charlton though!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ Oct. 11 2004,14:24)]dont think we have a chance in hell of signing roycie now due to mickey adams resigning as the leiscter manager!
I think you are all missing the point. I think ESDB was
stating that now Adams has left Leicster , it opends the door for Roycie to step in as Mangaer of the Foxes

I think there be one or two people in front of Roycie for that job. My money's still on him to sign for a month.

(from a leicester fan site)
Former City striker Mike Newell, who is carving out a big reputation at Luton after similarly impressive work at Hartlepool United, will be mentioned.

He has just been offered a new contract at the League One club but is ambitious about a career in management.

Bosses in the Championship making good impressions, like Tony Pulis at Stoke and Paul Jewell at Wigan, would consider themselves better off where they are at the moment.

But there are some well-known faces currently out of work who may put their names forward, including Gordon Strachan.

And City legend Gary McAllister could be an option as could Burnley manager Steve Cotterill, who left the Walkers Stadium in the summer after a brief stint as coach following the club's relegation.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (exiledessexboy @ Oct. 11 2004,14:46)]Former City striker Mike Newell, who is carving out a big reputation at Luton after similarly impressive work at Hartlepool United, will be mentioned.
I think Hartlepool fans will disagree with that.
Didn't they lose a 14 point lead and the division 3 title under Newell?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Oct. 11 2004,14:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ Oct. 11 2004,14:24)]dont think we have a chance in hell of signing roycie now due to mickey adams resigning as the leiscter manager!
stating that now Adams has left Leicster , it opends the door for Roycie to step in as Mangaer of the Foxes
I thought he meant that Roycie will be so upset about Adams resigning that he won't feel mentally stable enough to play in goal anymore.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southend Shrimp @ Oct. 11 2004,17:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (exiledessexboy @ Oct. 11 2004,14:46)]Former City striker Mike Newell, who is carving out a big reputation at Luton after similarly impressive work at Hartlepool United, will be mentioned.
I think Hartlepool fans will disagree with that.
Didn't they lose a 14 point lead and the division 3 title under Newell?
Quite right SS and according to my dad [who lives in Hartlepool], Newell was a foul mouthed to**er who no-one liked. Chris Turner made Hartlepool what it is now and when Newell took the hot-seat [when Turner went to Sheffield W.], they only won 2-3 games in a 3 month spell, when clearly they were champioship material.

Complete and total loser!
rock.gif
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 11 2004,20:46)]Complete and total loser!  
rock.gif

ghostface.gif
Who's underachieving Luton side from the last few seasons are now storming away at the top of League 1 and who has had his name mentioned for some big jobs...

[b said:
[b said:
Howard Wilkinson's been appointed on a Temporary Basis.

They must be desperate
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BasildonShrimp @ Oct. 12 2004,01:02)]Was Newell's first game in charge the defeat to the mighty Shrimpers in the cup?
Yes it was.  Another night when Tes "The Cat" Bramble did the business for us.  What a much happier journey home those 2 late goals made it!  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Oct. 12 2004,09:43)]
[b said:
[b said:
Howard Wilkinson's been appointed on a Temporary Basis.

They must be desperate  
biggrin.gif
You mean MAD

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Oct. 12 2004,08:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 11 2004,20:46)]Complete and total loser!  
rock.gif

ghostface.gif
Who's underachieving Luton side from the last few seasons are now storming away at the top of League 1 and who has had his name mentioned for some big jobs...
Whilst I reluctantly agree that Mr. Newell's new team is doing the business in League 1, I suspect yet again it is someone else's hard work that is currently bearing fruit, rather than him being a great allround manager...

The only thing he has got going for him "is a smart mouth!"

wow.gif

Mike Newell's managerial career record:

Team        From            To             Games Won Lost Drawn
Luton        23-06-2003  Present        71      33    18    20
Hartlepool  21-11-2002  30-05-2003  29       13     7     9

Rubbish, obviously.....

Back