• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jamesmut2000

Director
From thisisessex.co.ukThisisEssex

Football: Tilly hunts for Gower cover
Brought to you by the Evening Echo
SOUTHEND United manager Steve Tilson today revealed he had been unsuccessful in his attempts to bring a winger to Blues on loan.

The Seasiders chief, whose side currently sit fourth in the League Two table, is attempting to sign temporary cover for the injured Mark Gower but has so far been left frustrated.

"I have been looking to bring somebody in on loan but I haven't been able to get anyone yet," said the former Southend midfielder.

"I've tried to bring in two wingers from higher clubs but neither of them were interested in coming down to play at our level.

"That's obviously disappointing but the search will continue because I don't have many options on the flanks right now."

In fact, with Gower struggling to be fit for Saturday's vital clash with Rushden and Diamonds, Tilson could still have limited options at his disposal.

"We played Tes Bramble as a winger against Mansfield on Tuesday and I didn't think he did too badly to be fair," said the Blues boss.

"But there aren't many other people who can play there in our squad at present."

That's good to hear, but at the same time it's worrying that Gower could possibly be out for longer. In fact, it's very worrying that it seems like it's an injury that might take a long while to sort out, it's obviously not like a pull or a break where it'll heel. Back injuries have always been proved to be hard to shake off for players who get them.

Even though Tes is God! I'd still like Nicky to get a chance out there if we can't get anyone in and Corbett isn't ready yet. What about bringing Kightly back even?

Shows you what Tilly thinks of Nicolau. I think he could do a job for us on the wing

Nicky on the left with Petts on the right. Suprised that that wasn't the case on Tuesday and would like to see it Saturday. Or p'haps even give JC a go. What's the point of having players at the club who aren't going to be used ...

rock.gif

Actually though, just remembering that Rushden don't actually have a right back for Saturday. Their first choice was sent off against Orient whilst their only other right back is injured. So whatever happens they've got to play someone there who has either no or very little experience of playing there, so it might be beneficial for us to keep the better attacking ability of Tes on our left, rather than Nicky, who perhaps wouldn't be able to take so much of an advantage.
rock.gif

i didnt think sicknote husbands done too bad on the wing in the pre season matches. that could be an option

I thought Pettefer did pretty well on the left and would be happy to see him there again. Tes would probably be much more comfortable right wing and I thought Gray looked ok there.

Then again, there's Corbett, if he's still alive.

What about bringing Nicky in a full back and moving Che into midfield where he has played before?.
Got to be better than playing Tes out wide where he is ineffective.
rock.gif

Tilly has said that Gower is likely to be sidelined for some time, but he doesn't want to say how long but its a big blow for mark.

He also says " its interesting to read that we haven't won without him since he joined we can hopefully put this right this weekend."

Tilly on look out for Gower cover

Hmm, where did he read that then I wonder!?
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Interesting that he says Corbett 'can't play'. Well why is he on the bench? Surely it'd be more beneficial to have Lawson on the bench, who I'm sure would be desperate to impress, should he get a chance for 15 minutes or so.
rock.gif

Back