• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No Credit Card's for seaso's

The last time the club weren't allowed to accept credit cards for seaso's was when the ITV Digital thing was happening and the same ban was put on all football clubs.

Why can't we use them this time round? Is there something happening at the club? A cash flow problem?

Does anyone know of any other clubs who can't accept credit card payments.

Yours verry worried!

Didnt Rushden stop it recently (and release all their best players for nowt, one of the better managers in the division walked out and the chairman vacated abroad)... hmmmm....

i think you'll find it has something to do with the credit card companies only releasing the payment over a 10 month period rather than giving sufc the money up front which just sucks
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 06 2004,00:04)]Why are Boston doing it then ?
Don't know, but I bet they don't have as big a debt as the Super Blues. The credit card companies make Great Whites look like puddy tats, and if SUFC would prefer to take cash or cheque rather than pay the extortionate fees the CCC's charge, and then have to wait 10 months to get their dosh (which completely negates the point of early discounts for Seaso's) then I think they are being sensible and pragmatic.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 06 2004,08:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 06 2004,00:04)]Why are Boston doing it then ?
Don't know, but I bet they don't have as big a debt as the Super Blues. The credit card companies make Great Whites look like puddy tats, and if SUFC would prefer to take cash or cheque rather than pay the extortionate fees the CCC's charge, and then have to wait 10 months to get their dosh (which completely negates the point of early discounts for Seaso's) then I think they are being sensible and pragmatic.
Well said.

More to the point, why should the CCCs keep SUFC's money and earn interest on it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 06 2004,09:21)]so why not change credit card companies? .
1. I think they all do it.

2. Surely it depends on the card offered, not who SUFC deal through
rock.gif

Back