• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No longer feels like the club I support

So what are we doing in this thread then? Pretending we are historically anything but a League 1/2 yo-yo team with brief glimmers of the championship every now and again?

I'm as unhappy as everyone with how things are going but we have been this low before and yes most recently we had the brilliant Paul Sturrock to save us (Has anyone given the man a call, Director of Football would be ideal with his contacts and knowhow) but we wouldn't be Southend United without doing everything the hard way!

As for the disconnect with the fans, no club is doing any more than ours during these bizarre times with fans not allowed in the stadium. To be honest we have probably had more communication with and from Mr L'Oreal than most.

It's still the club I know and love and Ron has made a massive balls up but I still have faith we'll escape this, we have before and could again. The football is dire, the players are crap and we have no money....we are Southend United!

I don't think we have actually.

I don't think we have actually.

We may have not been that low in the league but when Ron took over control with the £4.5m? investment. We were going out of business and I don't remember anyone else showing much interest.

Even many of our councillors would have been more than happy to see us fold back then.

We may have not been that low in the league but when Ron took over control with the £4.5m? investment. We were going out of business and I don't remember anyone else showing much interest.

Even many of our councillors would have been more than happy to see us fold back then.
I was actually only referring to league position... I honestly don't think we're in any danger of going under.

Still the biggest home crowd on a Saturday for me.

My personal RH favourite is Watford in the FAC because the winners had Liverpool at home.

I also put the play-off game v Stevenage up their as unlike some, I knew we would win at Wembley.

Imagine that was a serious test of faith at 120 minutes played

Imagine that was a serious test of faith at 120 minutes played

I have been to many games where i have felt we are never score but I always felt we would that day.

That said I really didn't have a choice. The previous July PB was on a downer as Ron had told him the budget for a couple forwards would not be available. I told him we would just have to make the play-offs and win at Wembley.

PB never came across a nervous to me but before the team set off for that last game at Morecambe he asked me would the fans turn against him if they lose. I told him it won't matter because we will win via the play-offs anyway. On the Monday I also reminded him that I wanted my day out at Wembley.

Of course I was celebrating Joe Pigott's goal more than most. Then I thought there was only going to be one winner in the shoot out. By the time AB and Bolger were stepping up I just had to say a prayer like everyone else did on that day.

P.S. when i say prayer it could be described as just a wish etc. It wasn't to anyone in particular i just put it out there hoping someone would smile on SUFC.

5 years is a long time in the life of a Southend fan.

Unfortunately this is another level to the Rubin and the Jobson era's.Rons financial position in pushing FF has decimated the playing side (for the 2nd time) and looks on course to end our football league status .I know in the past you have stated you would be happy with non league however I like the original poster would not and for the first time in 50 + years I feel totally disconnected with the club .Not even Jobson in his heyday did that.
Couldn’t agree more. Those were bad days but we weren’t enmeshed with this new stadium before.

Every day I check twitter and Shrimperzone in the hope we have got rid of the embargo.

Honestly feels like I'm checking on a loved one in the hospital and every time I walk in the room I hear the life support machine beeping but the doctors won't tell me anything.

This is the most depressing it has been following Southend and I don't feel connected to the club at all.

Even the clubs socials feel lifeless and almost like they are run by someone who doesn't understand the game. For example, loosing a game and then tweeting about half price pizza ... honestly **** OFF!

Even the other day, they tweeted "Join us for the FA Cup third round draw" seriously ?!?!

Hullbridge Sports socials are run better than this shower of ****, at least they actually talk to their fans like people and match the tone of what's going on around them.

I've unfollowed them on both Facebook and twitter, cause I can't deal with the force optimism. I get it before the game ! 100% lets hype **** up but after another defeat ?? its a **** take and I've had enough now. Can't wait for Hullbridge to start playing again so I can follow their games and feel like I'm part of a club again.

Back