• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
Well, it's finally here and this year our illustrious opponents are :-

Oldham Athletic (Home)
Portsmouth (Away)
MK Dons (Away)
Oxford United (Home)

Now, call me optimistic, but I think we can pull it off for yet another year! .. Especially with the return of fans favourite, Michael Turner.

By my reckoning, we'll be in the play-offs in 30 days time.

Just as an aside, after the Oldham game, the next 7 (SEVEN) home games are against sides above us.

We are truly living in enriched times.

Fate.
Tempted.

You truly live so close to the edge Andy, you may fall off onto your botty.

Always beat Oxford and Portsmouth and we never lose in November, I'll be amazed if all 3 of those records are intact come the end of this month

Last lost in November was away at Tranmere in 2009.

So unbeaten in 7 seasons.

That is a pretty amazing run!

Will need to do it again this year to have any play off hopes.

Two wins and two defeats would obviously be better than four draws!

Yeah, unless the loss was against a team that ended up finishing above us by a few points at the end.

Two wins and two defeats would obviously be better than four draws!

Yeah, unless the loss was against a team that ended up finishing above us by a few points at the end.

Really ?

The team above us would be 2 points worse off by drawing with us instead of winning.

We would be 2 points worse off by drawing 4 instead of winning 2.

The only way it could adversely affect us would be if we finished level on points with the team that we lost to and it reversed the goal difference situation. Long odds indeed and I'd take the chance of two wins over four draws and lose the "novelty" record.

Oldham Athletic (Home) Southend Win
Portsmouth (Away) Draw
MK Dons (Away) Southend Win
Oxford United (Home) Draw

Barling Magna, pretty much spot on.

Only I see an Mk Dons draw.

So one win & 3 draws for me. (i will take 6 points and an unbeaten run)

Hopefully i'm joining & travelling along with the blue army to Portsmouth, and I can see my daughter on the isle of wight for the weekend.

Think we've brought this subject up far too early and have thus put the mockers on it..........

Back